•1•

"Dahlia Davis come on you've gotta try new things," Beatrice said to me as we walked out of our school. Beatrice Martin. Bee for short. Has been my friend since I started high school. She was my only friend, the only person who understood me and in all honesty, she is the one person who can stand me.

And at the end of the day, I wasn't looking for any other friends, everyone sucked especially at this school. All too good judgmental know it all's. Bee is e enough she's great. She loves me for me and all my dull emotionless remarks.

I consider myself a not fun person. I'd much rather stay home and watch television alone or sit in a random corner of the school and read a good book. Not a people person hence why I didn't have many friends Beatrice was the expectation.

"New things?" I rolled my eyes, Bee scoffed at me.

"Join a club do a sport anything Lia please I'm not gonna be your friend forever" Bee pleaded with me. I turned my head to Bee as her glossed eyes stared at me.

"What does that mean?" I laughed a little as I asked her.

"Lia there's no easy way to say this..." Bee lead on like she was trying to prolong what she wanted to say which bothered me.

"Spit it out then?"

"I-I'm moving," Bee said quietly under her breath. I laughed and continued to walk. Bee stayed where she was till I realized I was walking alone. I turned around to face her and knew she wasn't joking. I walked back to her.

"Wait your serious?" I shuffled my stance a little now feeling uncomfortable and not knowing what to say to Bee.

"My dad got offered a job upstate we leave at the end of the week-" I cut her off

"WHAT?! AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO I DON'T KNOW TO TELL ME!" I screamed

"I'm sorry I was scared ok."

"But you need to make some new friends I don't want you to be alone," Bee said

"I like being alone." I sternly said back

"I know I know... but trust me, Lia, you're going to get lonely and I don't want that for you I want you to be happy!" Bee had a sad face as she continue to talk.

"What if I'm happy alone," I said back

"LIA this isn't some joke if you stay alone you probably going to go insane..." I laughed at her comment. Insane that sounds fun!

"Promise me you'll make some friends or join a club." Bee looked me straight in the eyes but I remained quiet.

"LIA PROMISE ME!" Bee yelled at me, I raised my eyebrows at her. Bee wasn't the kind of person to yell or raise her voice at me or anyone so I was caught off guard.

"Fine yeah yeah ok..." I pressed my lips in a thin line knowing that I was most likely lying to her.

"Good," she said happily smiling at me!

"You could join writers club or art club?" All the words she was saying we're going through one ear and out the other.

"Ooo what about basketball, band or photography?" Bee went on listing different clubs and sports I could join. None of them sound at all appealing. I made a gagging noise towards Bee. She looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"Come on I'm trying to help you..." Bee said

"Yeah ok sorry continue" I dramatically gestured with my hands.

"Volleyball? Chess? Cooking? Drama?" Bee looked at me in hopes one of them sounded good to pursue.

"Barf. Barf. Barf and Barf" I smiled at
Bee.

"Lia come on your impossible..." Bee sighed and tugged on her bag trying to think of more ideas.

"Come Bee it's hopeless," I said biting the inside of my cheek.

"Nope I'm not giving up there's one out there I know it," Bee said determined

"God, you set on this huh?" I questioned her intentions, why does she even care she's moving why is she worried about me?

"Yeah I'm set on this you need to meet people! Connect with others!" She said stretching out the words as she spoke.

"I don't need to meet people" I quickly said back. Bee sent me a death glare that was quite scary, I put my hands up in surrender.

"Fine. Whatever people are soo great!" I shrugged my shoulders and gave her two thumbs. The sarcasm in my voice made Bee laugh.

"Hmmm" Bee rubbed her head trying her hardest to think of any more schools clubs or activities they have.

"Oh-oh, I know what about our school's leadership program?" Bee whisper screamed in excitement. I looked at her but didn't dismiss her. Leadership hmmm that doesn't sound so bad.

"You like it? You didn't say anything" Bee gripped your shoulders slightly shaking you.

"I-" I didn't know how to respond to Bee, although leadership sounded just a tad bit interesting, I couldn't admit it to her...

"YOU DO LIKE!!! YAYYYYY!!" Bee jumped up and down extremely excited she found something I liked.

"Bee chill out I didn't even say anything..." I scoffed at her rolling my eyes so far back I think it hit my brain.

"Ok, tomorrow we're gonna go and sign you up!! It's gonna be so fun Lia I'm telling you!!!" Bee squealed! I made another gagging sound and stuck my fingers in my mouth. Bee pushed me as she stepped onto her driveway.

"Lia I promise it will be so great!" Bee embraced me in on her famous tight hugs. She pulled away and said goodbye.

"Bye Bee" I waved to her and turned around and walked over to my house. Hmm, leadership I mean it sounds interesting maybe Beatrice is right she's leaving. I didn't think about how I'm going to be alone without Bee. I'm going to be alone in this horrible school. This sucks. Maybe I should try making some new friends...