•6•

I walk into the wreck room and quickly take a seat at one of the tables in the back avoiding people. Tom strolls in and sees me. He waves and walks over to me.

"Hey, sunshine" I groan at the nickname he's given me yet again.

"Tom, what are you doing?" I ask as I turn my body towards him. I watched as he grinned and took a seat beside me.

"Nothing? Waiting for Mrs. Adams to teach that's all." He shrugged his shoulders. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a book. My eyes widen but I sit there quietly looking away from him.

"Here you left your book at the pizza place." He smiles and slides it over to me. A stupid smile makes its way on my face. But not because he gave me the book... because I got my book back.

Now I don't have to pay for the library. "Oh um thanks" I slouch back in the chair as Mrs. Adams walks in and taps on her clipboard.

"Alright, guys we need a theme for the ball!" Mrs. Adams walked around the class before stopping at the front of the class. She did her signature move. She clapped her hands in front of her chest getting the attention of everyone again.

Jess jumped out of her seat "I for one think we should do a Winter Wonderland theme!" Jess pulled out a big-ass binder from her bag. 

"I have composed a-"

"Jess I appreciate-" Mrs. Adams tried talking but was cut off by Jess... God this girl can talk. I roll my eyes pulling out my notebook and started to doodle.

"I found the perfect props and decoration-"

"Jess love the enthusiasm I do!" Mrs. Adams Motion for Jess to take a seat. Jess scoffed

"But I think we should ask the person who came up with the idea!"

"Lia!" I was so zoned out I didn't even hear anything that was being said let alone Mrs. Adams calling my name. Tom tapped my shoulder and I shrugged it off ignoring him.

"Lia" he whispered, I eyed him, he pointed up to Mrs. Adams. I follow his fingers to see the whole 'class' staring at me. I turn red...

"Lia ideas for the ball?" My jaw slightly dropped

"I- um what?" I closed my notebook as the students kept staring at me.

"She wasn't even paying attention I think we should go with my idea" Jess interjects

"Aw come on Jess be nice! Lia? Any ideas for a theme for the ball? We have one idea Winter Wonderland any thoughts?" I looked at Jess and back at Mrs. Adams. God, I have nothing... my mind is blank. Why is my mind empty? Think of something anything? Everyone is staring at you.

"Um, I was thinking... although the winter wonderland is definitely a theme I was thinking maybe a classic ball?"

"Uh it will cheaper and Winter Wonderland is an overrated theme it's always being done." I stop talking as the room got quiet. I suck the inside of my cheek as I bob my leg under the table.

"Lia that's a lovely idea." Mrs. Adams said

"NO god no her idea su-" Mrs. Adams glared at Jess.

"I mean it's ok but Winter Wonderland is an amazing theme sure it will be a tad more expensive but it's much better than a boarding 'classic' theme. Classic isn't even a theme" Jess pranced to the front of the class waving her hands everywhere trying to prove her point. I sat there knowing I didn't have any good points maybe Jess was right.

I bowed my head and opened my notebook avoiding and tuning everyone out again. This is so stupid Winter Wonderland isn't even a good theme option it's not even winter...

"You alright?" Tom asked trying to make eye contact with me. I didn't answer him and kept drawing in my book.

"For the record, I like your idea better! It makes more sense." Tom smiled as I turn my head and give him a funny look. 

"Your so annoying you know that?" I tap my pencil on my book. Tom mimicked mine facial expression stanching my notebook.

"I've been told that a couple of times yes." He flipped through the pages of my book. Tracing his finger over the drawings and words.

"Very funny, give me my notebook back." I try and grab it back when Mrs. Adams started talking again. "Okay then let's put it to a vote shall we!"

"Everyone in favour for Winter Wonderland theme?"

"Everyone in favour for a Classic Ball theme?"

My head whipped from looking at Tom to the front of the class. Jess's eyes darted to mine as my jaw fell to the floor. Jess jumped out of her seat.

"Okay, then it's official! Classic Ball theme it is." Everyone looked at me clapping and cheering.

"Ok Lia since it was your idea and everyone chose your theme I say you run the event? Yes!" I nodded

"Um ok"

"Great! If you guys have ideas run it past Lia and I'll call any final cuts ok guys!"

Jess scoffed "how can we let her run the event she doesn't even know how to throw a party." And with that Jess stormed out of the classroom slamming the door on her way out!

Jess doesn't know what she's talking about. Just because I've never stepped foot or been invited to a party doesn't mean I know how to throw a party I'll show her...

"You won congrats sunshine!" I turn my attention back to Tom.

"My notebook..." I extend my hand waiting for him to give it back.

"Hmmm, ya know what I think I'll keep it for a while."

"Don't worry I'll take good care of it I promise" he then stuffed my notebook in his bag away from my reach.

"Ok guys let's cut the meeting short see you guys Tuesday!" Mrs. Adams concluded the meeting.

"Oh, Lia before you leave let's chat!" She said before leaving for her office. I groan looking back at Tom once again.

"Are you serious right now Tom..."

"Deadly" he grinned, I sighed not wanted to argue with him anymore. I got up and left for Mrs. Adams's office. I knocked on the wall grabbing her attention.

"Hello my dear, how are you?"

"Fine" I swayed on my heels bitting the inside of my cheek avoiding her gaze on me.

"I see you met Tom. He's a nice fellow glad you're friends" she smiled, I didn't know how to answers so I nodded my head.

"For the ball are you ok running it?" I finally looked her in the eyes

"Yeah I'm ok with it I don't mind" she smiled at me and nodded her head.

"Great I'll see you Tuesdays with updates ok sweetie!" I nodded and left.

***
"Hey Lia" Bee waved as I approached her

"Hey"

"I didn't see you yesterday or today?"

"Yeah sorry I had a leadership meeting..." I said looking at her waiting for her big reaction. As expected Bee jumped and hugged me.

"Lia I'm so happy for you!" I roll my eyes at her and smile.

"Yeah yeah" I wave her off, but then I see her frown.

"What's wrong?"

"We're not gonna have much time together now... I'm leaving soon" Bee said sadly. I knew she was right I had to do something for her... then it hit me.

I'd throw Bee a going away party!