Interview#45: @Isay_wen

Author: Isay_wen

Interviewer: Lil-Bird

Book: The One That Got Away: Here Tonight

Interviewer: Let's starts off with something strong.

Q: What are the things you're grateful for when developing a crush on someone?

A: Well hahaha, I'm gaining motivation. Just like when I was in high school apart from the money hahaha. One of the reasons I came in is my crush. He is also the reason why I'm studying well because it's embarrassing if I failed.

Interviewer: Oh my god! I know how you feel. You would like to catch that person's attention by trying hard. We are off to a great start!

Q: Who or what inspired you to start writing? And how did you come across Wattpad?

A: Who or what inspired me to write? First, I really wanted attention. The year 2015 was when I first started writing a story, and I published it here on Wattpad. At the same time, I deleted it since I was stressed that no one's reading it. Recently, I told myself that I'll continue to write more stories and I wouldn't care if no one reads it.

I was inspired by the person I liked back when I was in high school, and I used my experience as an inspiration to write this story. Like in the story, I'm Gwyn who likes Joms, who also likes someone else. In addition, I'm always hoping that there's a Jairus who's secretly in love with me and is just waiting for me to lose my feelings for Joms.

Hmmm... What else? Hahaha. The memories from back then are starting to come out. hahaha

Lil-Bird: AWWWWWW. So the story is based on your life where you hope and imagine that there will be a Jairus who will sweep you off your feet. That's a great inspiration. <3 HAHHAH you can continue if you still want to share.

Isay_wen: Yes. You know, I believe that time that 'what if there is a person who likes me and is just waiting for me to lose my feelings for my real-life Joms' hahaha.

Actually, the story is about my experience way back in high school. It is my FIRST PLAN when I read the article about the mafia, and I thought "what if I add something thrilling to my story?" hahaha.

Lil-Bird: There are those possibilities. We will never know who secretly likes us >.< Something about the mafia story makes a story really interesting. Idk why though Xd

And the rest of that conversation will be private XD

Q: If you were to have two classmates that have the same personality as Jairus and Gwyn, how would you feel about their best friend relationship?

A: Jealous? I have male friends but they are not as sweet as Jairus, but my male friends are like my brothers. My male friends are crazy. Well, I'll admit they're sweet too, SOMETIMES.

Lil-Bird: HAHAHAHAHA. Sometimes male friends drive you nuts, but they are sweet till the end >.<

Isay_wen: Yes yes they are my half brothers.

Q: What kind of person are you portraying Gwyn as?

A: I'm portraying Gwyn as me. The one who always finds someone to love her. The one who is always looking for where he can really be happy. Like Gwyn, I'm the type of person with a strong personality is what people said, but for me, I'm not that strong and I also have weaknesses.

Lil-Bird: *mutter* I can't make a heart-eye-shaped emoji.  (but luckily I can add it now XD) 😍😍

Isay_wen: Hehe.

Q: What's your favorite season?

A: Rainy season

Lil-Bird: Sameee.

Q: Favorite street food?

A: Kwek-kwek, Isaw, betamax. Shockers, I'm craving hahaha. 

Lil-Bird: Kwek-kwek <3. HAHAHHAH

Q: Like in the story where Gywn asked for a sign, have you also experienced a similar/exact situation?

A: Yes. When I was in grade 9, I asked for a sign just like Gwyn. If that sign came, I would stop or I would confess how I felt. But eventually, the sign always comes, and I was afraid of rejection. I was afraid of things that would happen after my confession.

Lil-Bird: 🥺 It's alright. But one thing for certain, at least a sign came 😊

Q: What message would you like to give to the readers and writers out there? It can be separated.

A: Hmmm... What is my message to them? Well, Ahm... For the readers, well hahaha thanks for supporting us. Even though we are not as famous as others, thank you for trusting and giving us the motivation to continue our story.

For writers, Hmmm ... well like me, even though I got to the point that I was a bit sad because no one read my story, but keep on writing. Write for yourself and let your imagination be free The lives of the characters you create are in your hands.

Also to all readers of the one that got away: here tonight. I hope you support me until the end. salamat mga kosa. ♥

Isay_wen: Thank you, Lil-bird for your time hihi *sending virtual hugs*

Lil-Bird: Awww. Thank you too. I have a great time getting to know you *virtual hugs* ❤️