Interview #32 @_valiantxsagii_x

Author: _valiantxsagiii_x

Interviewer: Evergreen_Ebony

Today we are having a chat with _valiantxsagiii_x about her poetry anthology, 'My Past Self'.

Question 1: Did you always want to be a poet?

A: No, at first I was horrible at writing poetry but with time I started becoming more philosophical and would always let out my feelings through a pen and into a paper.

Question 2: The girl on the book cover looks sad. What inspired this collection of poems?

A:My Past. It's the worst thing that ever happened to me till date, and as I said my feelings drown into a paper and are mostly sad. That's where my collection of poetry originated. 

Question 3: How do you handle harsh criticism?

A: There have been instances when people used to laugh off at my poems and tell me "Why are you writing, like, do something productive" and I used to tell myself and to all the writers or poets out there "An art can only be understood by an artist" So, when people criticize but harshly, I just ignore such people and instead focus onto the people who'd love what I did or what I do.

Question 4: What advice do you have for a person facing writing challenges?

A:Never think that what you're writing is rubbish and people will hate it. You evolve and you will keep evolving. First you'll face writing challenges and that's pretty normal but what matters and will determine your journey is how hard you train your grammar and vocabulary (because it's all in your hands only) and keep on writing day and night. Whatever you see, even an insect, just write about it too, writing is a beautiful art of expressing yourself. And never forget to give your 100% even 150% so later whatever happens you don't have a regret that you could have done better.

Question 5: State one memorable quote from your favourite poem?

A: "I see you full of love, love privileging your life and then I see me, Myself with wounds, only because of the love I didn't find"

It's very close to me because I wrote it one night sitting in a park crying because of the love no one gave me.

Thanks for your time, and great advice for authors facing writing challenges. Best wishes and keep writing.