xxx

Jade

.

A few days have passed, winter break starts tomorrow and today is my birthday. I'm now twenty, time escaping right between my fingers.

After the date with Carson, I came home to Aria watching Netflix and my heartache remembering what had occurred between the two. I haven't spoken to Carson since, faking a cold and not attending school since.

It's now Friday and my birthday, winter break starting tomorrow. Meaning I can no longer run or hideaway. I just have to distance myself from Carson in a romantic way.

I had been sitting in the parking lot for the past fifteen minutes. Looking over at my console screen, first period starts in five minutes so I could no longer stall. Turning off the engine, I step out and lock the car after grabbing my things.

Walking into the room, I take a seat in the back, Carson hadn't arrived yet. I was scrolling through Twitter before the Professor had walked in. The class had started and Carson was nowhere to be seen.

Twenty minutes later, Carson quietly walked into the classroom and sat in his normal seat. The Professor carried on with their lesson, Carson turned his head, nodding it at me with a confused facial expression.

I took out my phone, texting Carson that I just had a headache and was trying to hide from society. Pressing send on the message, I see his body lightly shake with a quiet laugh. The screen on my end lit up, his message telling me to feel better and asking if I need anything.

I smile down at the screen. Carson is such a good man, fuck.

Thanking him, I deny the question and put away my phone. I can see him typing something before doing the same with me, he grabbed his notebook and began focusing on the lesson.

Carson is older than me and a psychology major, he'll notice quickly if he hasn't already. It's been a while since he found out about Jaxon and me, he hasn't told anyone. I trust him more than I did before, but I don't think he trusts me.

Maybe he's just not an open person, I don't know too much about him personally. Carson can say the same about me, I just hope I don't hurt him. I told Aria I wouldn't.

The class was over soon, Carson approaches next to me. Looking up at him to see him already looking down at me. A toothless smile forms onto his lips, "Hello pretty girl," wrapping his arm around my shoulders and planting a kiss on my forehead.

A blush spreads across my face. Carson's little gestures meant a lot to me, his deep voice didn't help from making them any less attractive. "Hey," I smile at him as we walked and I made an attempt to organize my bag.

Carson and I chatted briefly before I had to attend English. Jaxon, I just have to focus on Jaxon. Approaching the classroom door I head over to my seat, taking out my phone once more and scrolling through waiting for the class to start.

Turning off my phone as I see Professor Wright walking into the class, reaching his desk, his eyes scan the room. Landing on me, he trails them along my body before looking down at his desk. Taking a paper out of his briefcase, "Miss Morris."

His hand holding out the paper, getting up from my seat, I head over and grab the paper. "Thank you, sir," holding eye contact briefly. Professor Wright nods his head, heading back over to my seat and taking a look at the paper.

It was my research paper, flipping through the pages until I reached the grading page. Trailing my eyes down to the page I see a red ninety-eight written, a relaxed sigh escaped my lips.

If I didn't receive a passing grade on this research paper I would've failed this class. That was something I never came close to, but I wanted a challenge and I got it. I hope that my grade increasing wasn't due to the fact of the affair I was having with my Professor.

I work hard for my grades, not needing to be let off easy. The gesture would seem nice, but It would make me feel as though I didn't try my best, which I do. As I think about Jaxon giving me a passing grade, it made me feels as though I was doubting myself.

Jaxon is too strict of a Professor to give me a passing grade for something such as sex. It doesn't sound like him, perhaps I should ask. Shrugging off my thoughts, noting in my head to bring up the topic to him later, I return my focus onto my work.

Placing the front page down on the desk I see a post-it note with an arrow pointing at the back. Pulling the note of the page, turning it over I see writing.

When I go to my car after school your ass better be sitting in the backseat of my car. I want a good explanation of your week's absence, little one.

My eyes slightly widen but I blinked quickly not wanting anyone to take notice. Looking up to the clock on the wall I see that there are roughly forty minutes still left of the period. My gaze falling down to see Jaxon, he was typing while his eyebrows furrowed, concentrated on the screen.

I shifted in my seat as to how I would tell Jaxon about my date with Carson. The gut feeling I had from a week ago returned again, nervousness and fear building up within me. He didn't scare me in a bad way, but in a way that gave me excitement, a feeling I didn't know how to explain.

A feeling that I knew meant punishment of mine was coming, that Jaxon knew something that I didn't want him to. The sound of a chair snapped me out of my thoughts, I look up.

Jaxon stands up from his seat, "Good morning, class. Today we will begin the presentations. To get everyone caught up, each one of you will be presenting the topic of your research paper."

-

i love leaving you all on edge!

to anyone concerned about the "love triangle" of this book, i left a message on my conversation board that I would appreciate you read it for clarification! (for anyone reading this in the future and would like to read the message, it was posted on august 14, 2021)

to update you all on the situation, my grandfather will mostly not make it and this has been hard on me. so in advance, updates may slow down but nothing longer than four days. you guys help me, i love reading your guys' comments & feedback. thank you all for your prayers and kind messages, i love you!

don't forget to vote & comment, it is greatly appreciated!

word count : 1,171