i

The prologue chapter isn't photos, it is a description of the personality of the characters. I encourage you to read it. Anyways, happy reading!

-

Jade

.

The smack of my laptop closing causes the people in the quiet cafe to turn to face my direction briefly, ignoring the glances I proceed to pack away my things. Grabbing my jacket from the chair, I walk out and towards my car.

The slight summer breeze grazes my skin as the sun starts to set, taking in the city view before getting into the car. Connecting my phone to Bluetooth and pressing shuffle, I then drive off to my dorm, arriving shortly after.

Entering the elevator, I click the fourth floor button before exiting after a few seconds, heading towards my dorm. Getting closer towards the apartment door, I could hear my roommate, Aria, and someone else conversing. She isn't here often, seeing that she's out most of the time with friends.

Aria's a beautiful woman. Curly dark brown hair, caramel skin, hazel eyes and is about five feet and nine inches tall. Aria and I talk occasionally but not too frequently seeing that neither one of us is often home.

Inserting the key, unlocking the door to which causes the two to acknowledge my presence, the volume in their voices had silenced. Looking up as I closed the door behind me, Aria was on the couch with a man beside her that I had never seen before. Him and me exchange eye contact, he was undeniably attractive.

His blonde semi-curly hair spilt down the middle, laying on the sides of his head. His legs long, indicating he was tall, multiple tattoos on both of his arms, and his hands filled with white gold rings which complimented his pale skin.

Breaking eye contact, I hang my jacket up onto the hook, then facing my body towards the two once more.

"Hey beautiful, where were you at?" Aria says, getting up to greet me, the man's attention still remaining on me. Looking at Aria with a questionable expression, she chuckles.

"He's just a friend, you should go sit next to him." She whispers in my ear as she wraps her arms around my neck. Knowing what she was trying to hint at I chuckle, wrapping my arms around her waist embracing her, flattered but he's not the type of men I'm attracted to.

"I was at the cafe, finishing up on summer work." Answering her question as we break the hug.

"I'm Carson," taken aback by the sudden deep voice that spoke out from behind Aria, I look up to make eye contact once again with the man that was sitting on the couch moments prior.

Carson puts out his hand for what a handshake. Wrapping my hand with his, shaking it. His hand had a firm grip around mine, the cold rings against my palm.

"I'm Jade," remaining eye contact, a smirk forms upon his lips. Removing my hand from his grasp, I turn my attention back towards Aria.

"I'm gonna go get ready for bed," she nods with a disappointed expression. Carson still standing in front of me, I walk past and to the bathroom.

Turning on the water, proceeding to undress while waiting for it to warm up. Looking in the mirror, new stretch marks are seen forming around my waist.

Tracing over them with my fingers, appreciating the dreamlike beauty of stretch marks. The colors of the red and purple that fade into a lighter shade of my skin remind me of the natural beauty a human body holds.

I step into the shower once the air around me had started to become warm, fogging up the mirror. The comfort of warmth water engulfed me, relaxing my tense shoulders.

Letting the warm water run down my back, before proceeding to bathe myself. Washing away into my thoughts about tomorrow and the new year that is awaiting me. Being a law major, people would assume the work to be difficult, but it wasn't to say the least, it was disappointing.

My thoughts had came to an end. I turned the water off, grabbing the nearest towel and stepping out. Patting myself dry, wrapping the towel around myself realizing I had forgotten to grab a pair of clothes to change into.

Leaving the bathroom after I had brushed my teeth and clean my face. Carson was alone on the couch with Aria nowhere in sight.

Quickly walking over to my room, the feeling of an awkward tension grew from my end. As the door closes, Carson laughs. Looking back to see Carson returning his attention to the movie, the door shuts and I lock it.

A slight blush of embarrassment flourishes onto my cheeks. Placing the towel over the chair in my room, I plop onto my bed. Releasing a deep sigh and closing my eyes, the thought of tomorrow already began to drain me.

My peaceful moment of silence came to end when a loud knocking on my door occurred. As I was about to ask who it is, Aria spoke up.

"Jade, you have to see the new English professor?" The lust in her voice was clear but wasn't convincing enough to get me out of bed.

"Um, I'm kind of busy. Can you show me later?" Shouting out, she responds with an annoyed sigh. After a while of staring at the ceiling, thinking about the smallest of things, I get up from the bed, over to my desk to grab my laptop

Feeling the warmth of my bed once more as I returned back, opening it. Searching up youtube and putting a random video for some background noise. Finding a comfortable position, I watch the video before my eyes slowly start to become heavy. Soon enough I had fallen asleep, my mind blank and at ease.

-

the tension between carson and jade though

the first chapter is finally completed, this chapter was a bit boring but that is okay! It's a filler chapter just to get some insight into the people in the book.

I didn't revise the chapter but later I will. if you see any errors please let me know, it is greatly appreciated!

what do you think is going to happen in chapter two

word count: 1,051