ii

Jade

.

I woke up abruptly to the sound of my alarm, turning over to shut it off. Quickly stretching, I get out of bed remembering I was naked. Knowing Aria wouldn't be home, I walked over to the bathroom.

Looking into the mirror, my eyes roam my body, analyzing the cellulite on my inner thighs. Taking a deep breath, I started feeling a sense of guilt.

Insecurity washes over me, judging the indents of the lines left on my thighs. Ashamed, the only word to describe what I felt at that moment. Looking back at my reflection, I sighed. 

Assuring myself that I am beautiful, that my cellulite is normal and just as beautiful. That my body is perfect the way it is, my body does not need to look like anyone else's to feel valid.

Turning on the water, I proceed to wash my face and brush my teeth as I block out the deep thoughts I was in. Swiftly throwing my hair into a ponytail as I return back to my room.

 Opening up my dresser, I picked out a sports bra with a matching bottom and a pair of socks. I then grabbed a pair of high waisted blue jeans, along with a plain light grey sweater from the drawer below. 

Finally packing up my stuff, I head to put on my shoes before walking towards the elevator heading to the first floor. Suddenly the elevator comes to a stop at the second floor.

Looking up as the doors open I make eye contact with the familiar eyes from yesterday. A smirk forms across his face, causing me to feel a slight sense of heat against my cheeks.

"Good morning to you too," Carson said with a chuckle, as he walks in next to me and lays his back against the wall. 

"Good morning," I responded, looking back down at my phone. Still feeling the burning of his stare on the side of my head, feeling a sense of satisfaction from the clear attraction.

"What class are you heading to?" He asked, breaking the short silence as the elevator reached the first floor. 

"Math, how about you?" Looking up at him as we walk out of the building, his eyes are still locked on me from earlier.

"Professor Johnson?" his eyes slightly glisten with a sense of curiosity, leaving me in a sense of questioning. "Yeah, why?" giving him a confused glance, a smile appears on his face showing his bright smile.

"Same here," he says as the smile remains plastered on his face, I smile back. Finally reaching my car, "Well, I guess I'll see you there?" I say while looking back to unlock my car. 

As I turn around to face him, waiting for his response I notice him walking closer towards me. His arms open up inviting me into a hug, returning it I wrap my arms around his torso as I feel his chin rest on the top of my head.

"See you there." he breaks away from the hug looking down, sending a smile. I do the same before getting into my car, as he walks away. Turning on the engine, I back out of the parking lot heading to the college building.

Once arriving, I park near the entrance. Locking my car, I head towards the entrance. Out of the corner of my eye, I surprisingly see Carson with a group of his friends.

 I assume he took notice of me as well as we made eye contact once again, he was definitely one to not break that habit.

He sends me a cocky smirk, and not wanting to give him the satisfaction of dominance over me, I send one back. Without hesitation, I continue to the class before hearing a sudden noise of rapid footsteps behind me.