xxii

Jade

.

Walking into the classroom, the oddly freezing temperature engulfing me. Looking around the classroom I see Jaxon's back facing the door as he wrote on the board. There weren't many students yet, seeing that I was rather early.

Walking towards my seat, I set up my laptop, arranging my schedule of assignments that needed to be done. Almost every day after school I head over to the cafe by the campus, with a cup of coffee and complete my work while music blasts into my ears. 

Around five minutes had passed, only some kids had shown up since I have. Observing Jaxon, he was organizing his desk. Wearing a white, long-sleeved button-up as he began to roll up the sleeve, revealing his forearms. COntinuing with the task at hand, his arms flexed, his veins becoming more prominent. 

The gold watch wrapped around his wrist glistening in the light, with his rings complementing it. Jaxon Wright was a man who took good care of himself. His hands always look manicured, his skin smooth, and his hair always clean-cut.

Every outfit he wore rarely had a single wrinkle, nearly almost wearing jewelry, and he never failed to smell good. I began to daze off about his hands roaming my body, touch every inch of my skin in the most needed way as he whispered dirty nothings into my ear.

My eyes roaming his body, his focus on what he was completing. His jaw clenched as his eyebrows were slightly furrowed, growing irritated by feeling unsatisfied with the view in front of him turning me on immensely.

Jaxon's fingers curling in and out of me while his breath fans my ears, calling me all the things I should hate. His opposite hand pinning me in place, his thumb rubbing against me causing my chest to become heavy. 

His member sliding up and down my throat, his groans filling my head reliving the memories. The masculine hand intertwining with my hair aggressively, pulling my head back. His tongue tasting me as our lips move in unison.

My thoughts came to a halt as Jaxon's eyes began to roll up, meeting mine. His face cold and stern, he closed the drawer, standing upright. Fixing his shirt, looking around the class as he broke eye contact. 

The corner of his lips twitching, as if he was suppressing a grin. Snapping out of my gaze, I analyze myself, my breathing slighter heavier as my bottom lip was caught in between my teeth. He knew what I was thinking, he read me like a book.

I remember the night of the winter dance, what he told me before walking out the door, leaving me a ruined mess. I swallowed the lump in my throat, shifting in my seat to adjust myself. I could feel myself wet from the intrusive thoughts. 

"Good morning class, please turn your papers in to me by the end of class. Today we will be starting the read of, This Side of Paradise. Most of you are about twenty, not having much experience with life after school. This story talks about the reality of what life is, rather than the ideas you much believe," Professor speaks from behind his desk before a walk around, sitting against the edge. 

As he speaks, he plays with his new wedding band, it was silver with diamonds edges. Jaxon continued to speak, but I got lost in my thoughts once again. Thinking about life, my future. It always gave me anxiety, over the years I've learned how to contain it. 

"Any questions?" Jaxon spoke loudly, breaking me out of the dreamt future I had. Looking up to his amber eyes looking back at me, peculiarly calming me. Jaxon had given a page assignment that was due the following day to talk about what we expected life after college to be like. 

Already knowing the answer I let my finger run across the keyboard loosely, typing away. Remembering to stay on the writing task, writing what I believed life would be after college, not my plans or dreams.

The moments where studying did happen between Jaxon and me helped greatly. The class was dismissed before I could comprehend, my page had become two and it was now him and I left. Getting up, I close the laptop and place it in my bag before grabbing the research paper. 

Walking up to the desk, I hand him the paper. His fingers brushing softly against mine, goosebumps rising. Licking his lips, he places my paper on the pile next to him. Looking back down as I stood there awkwardly. 

"Is there something I can help you with, Miss Morris?" Jaxon spoke, folding his hands, facing me. 

"Yes, I was wondering if it's okay that the assignment you gave us today is longer than a page. I finished but it's about two pages long, Professor Wright," my voice shakey as I could sense the tension. 

"That is fine," Jaxon nodded, "have a good day, Miss Morris. I will see you tomorrow." 

I nodded back, turning around and walking out of the class. It was strange to not have a prolonged encounter, to have a normal conversation with my professor. It began to displease me, did I actually upset him? Did I do something wrong?

I turned around, walking back into the classroom not thinking at the moment. Reaching his desk, he didn't check to see, it's like he already knew. 

"Did I actually upset you?" I questioned, my tone mixed with sorrow and annoyance. Jaxon inclined into his seat, his lips parted as he rested his arms along his side. 

"Why does that matter, Jade?" His voice rough and low, he took in a deep breath. "You made it seem like you didn't want to speak to me after the other night," I state.

"You're overthinking it, Jade. I have to speak with you, you're my student," he chuckled. 

"Why are speaking like that?" My eyebrows furrowing, aggravated at his invalidating response. As if he and I weren't the only ones in the room. Standing up he walked around the desk, now looking down upon me.

"Is there an issue here, Jade?" He mocked, lowering his head to hover his face inches away from mine. "Yes, there is, Jaxon," I scoff. 

"And what is that, my love?" Jaxon spoke, lowering his lips to sweep shortly against mine teasingly. 

-

hey, i tried a more detailed and present writing style. let me know how you liked it!

i love & cherish each of you immensely <3

don't forget to vote & comment, it is appreciated!

word count : 1,108