CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

I awaken from my sleep to someone licking my face? if this was Marshall I swear on everything I'm throwing hands, I tried moving away but the thing kept following me, I flinched as I felt a paw, I quickly opened my eyes smiling at the sight of a c...

I awaken from my sleep to someone licking my face? if this was Marshall I swear on everything I'm throwing hands, I tried moving away but the thing kept following me, I flinched as I felt a paw, I quickly opened my eyes smiling at the sight of a cute tiny puppy, I don't know where it came from but I wasn't gonna ignore it.

"Cairn Terrier, I know one when I saw one." I sat up in the bed feeling the cold breeze hit me, The puppy came in my lap rubbing its head on my stomach, I felt through its fur looking down at its chain, "Lucky." I gently lift up the tiny chain more to see the other handwritten stuff, "She's so lucky she's a star." Did Marshall really have a dog named after one of my songs, that's adorable. I'm gonna fucking tease him to death about it.

"You wanna go find daddy Lucky, I do, let's go you find him shall we?" I place the pup in my hand getting off the bed feeling the weight of the shirt I was wearing drag down to my knees, The white-coated cairn started barking while I carried her, "Shh let's sneak up on him."

I left the master bedroom which I assumed was Marshall's and made my way down the hall and passed down some stairs, this place was honestly fucking huge- I can't wait to do some house hopping myself after my birthday I definitely gotta ask him for some options.

as I walked down the grand carpet stairs I was hit with the main door and an entrance, I turned behind me seeing the living room and some corners and small areas, I heard Marshall talking on the phone to someone but I didn't know who, "Well paul get them to take the pictures down."

"What pictures." I questioned as I step into the living room passing the beautiful kitchen, I held the living animal in my hands feeling her relax in my comfort, Marshall sat on the couch with pants only on and zero shirt, I had to snatch myself away from his abs getting back into focus about this phone call he was having, Marshall stared at me then to Lucky who was barking and hissing at him almost, "Relax." I prompt her down. she woke me up just in time. good girl.

"I'll call you back bro." Marshall quickly hang up the phone smiling at me, I let a yawn watching him get up from the couch throwing the phone down pulling me into a hug, but he couldn't really do that because the dog started barking, I giggled as Marshall flinched back, "Did she wake you."

"Yep," I said rubbing the dog's back, "That's Hailie's."

"I figured." I kissed his cheek, "Dog food, her stomach trembling in my hands." I said feeling the vibrate of the pup's stomach again, "Poor thing must have been starving." I glared a Marshall turning my back on him, "Where's the dog food?"

I went into the kitchen going directly into the pantry, I knew a lot of people kept animal stuff or anything related to food in here, I looked down each shelf moving my eyes to the very top, "Bingo." some yellow stray bag sat right on top of it in front of cans, "I got it." Marshall says behind making me move out of the pantry, He went in getting the huge bag from the top shelf, I got lucky's bowl putting her gently on the ground.