CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

"Yes?" I say into the phone, walking past Vee and My distress-looking mom, Abby, and Kelly stayed outside for some unknown reason, they just gave me privacy to answer Marshall's phone call.

"Well hello to you to Valley, you called me over...5 times." He replies back, I sigh into the phone walking upstairs to my room, I closed my door, locking so I wouldn't be disturbed, "I wanted to know what you were doing, that's all." I said laying on my bed.

Marshall hums into the phone, not believing a word I was saying.

"I think you're lying Valley." I scoff, "How so?" I asked.

"Well by the tone of you're voice you sound like you were either crying or shouting." He says throwing me off, I cough a little, fixing my voice.

"No, I wasn't- shouting or crying." My voice cracked a little bit.

"Britney..." I sigh, rolling my eyes, "Maybe I was..."

"cryingalittlebit." I said stumbling over my words, I rolled on my stomach, feet against my pillow, playing with a string from my bed corvette fabric.

"Britney, please stop beating around the bush, god I hate when females do that." I scoff and rolled my eyes, "Well it's hard saying what I feel without being Judge, trust me you don't wanna know why I was crying." I said rumbling.

fuck...

"So you were crying?" He says and I could hear that verity tone in his voice, I sigh and slowly started pulling the strings off, what am I doing.

"Valley?"

I focus back on the phone, "Yep." I said nonchalantly.

"Uh...no don't pretend to be all chill now."

"What?" I asked confused, I was lowkey fucking with his mind.

"You said something about you crying?" He asked confused, I laughed on the phone, "Who said something about crying?"

Marshall sighs deeply, "Can you stop sighing on the phone, my ears will most definitely retaliate from this line." I said smartly.

"Oh my god." He says. I chuckle, "Oh my god."

"So anyways do you wanna meet back up at the beach house, you can bring the guys if you want?" I asked, now playing my nails, I honestly need to get them done, maybe pink, no blue is best for me.

"Valley!?" I hear Marshall shout, I keep zoning out, I hear a quiet knock, "One second." I push the phone away from my ear, "Yeah." I called the person behind the door.

"It's me Vee can we talk?" She says, I mumbled something, getting back on the phone with Marshall, "I'll call you back, meet us at the beach house, tell the guys to pack also." I said, "Bri-

I hang up on Marshall tossing my phone on the bed, I get up and open the door for Vee, I fake smile appears on my face as she stands in the door hold.

"You know exactly what we need to talk about!" She says barging in, I groan, "Fuck me..." I mumbled.

"I know how this is gonna affect you, I do Britney." Vee starts off by saying, "Don't lash out that's all I'm saying."She says crossing her arms, I shake my head and scoff at her, "How said anything about lashing out."

Vee looked at me, "Have you been crying?" She asks worriedly.

I shrugged and rubbed my eyes, I could still feel the hot tears well dried-up tears, I go into my bathroom, gentle taking a rag a had on the counter wetting it with hot water, I feel Vee come behind me as I squeeze the remaining water from the ragout.