The One When Emily's Finally Back

Start from the beginning

Stefan did that for a good five minutes before the Salvatore vampire's green eyes quickly widened when he noticed Emily's point finger twitch on her lap. Stefan didn't know if he was imagining things or if it actually happened, so he quickly kneeled in front of his girlfriend and stared down at her finger before he whispered, "come on, baby. Do it again."

It took the Radkova witch another long and agonizing three minutes before the Salvatore vampire saw Emily's finger twitch again. Stefan quickly climbed to his feet before he ordered everyone in the room, "shut up!" Stefan waited until the room grew silent before he carefully placed his palms onto the sides of his girlfriend's cheeks. "Emily? Baby?" The younger Salvatore vampire called out, "can you hear me?"

The room instantly grew tense with silence as everyone nervously watched the unconscious witch before Emily roughly started coughing. It took the Gilbert girl about two minutes of coughing up her guts before she slowly opened her green eyes. Emily's gaze couldn't help but to instantly be filled with tears when she saw everyone she loved - plus two strangers - surrounding her as she remembered all of the bad things that she did to them.

"I'm so, so sorry," the Radkova witch apologized before she released a loud and painful sob. Emily swiftly hid her face into her hands out of shame and embarrassment while her body began to shake from all of the guilt and sadness that she felt towards her loved ones and what she remembered saying and doing to them.

The younger Salvatore instantly pulled Emily up from the metal chair and pulled her into his chest at the sight of her sobbing. "It's okay," Stefan softly murmured as he gently ran his fingers through his girlfriend's platinum blonde hair. "Shhh," the green eyed vampire cooed as Emily loudly sobbed into his chest, "I got you, baby."

Emily just felt so guilty after remembering everything that she did during that period in time between the sacrifice and when she turned off her emotions. If she had the chance to go back and do it all over again, Emily would have never listened to that devil inside of her head when she was mourning over her twin sister in Elena's bedroom. It just caused everyone so much pain and heartbreak.

Emily honestly didn't see how anyone was going to forgive her for all of the terrible things that she had said and done to her loved ones. The Radkova witch just hoped that someway and somehow she could make it up to everyone for each and every horrible thing that she had done to her loved ones.

It took the Radkova witch about ten minutes or so before her sobs slowly came to an end and the first thing she saw after she pulled herself out of Stefan's arms were her family - Jenna, Alaric, and Jeremy - quickly breaking out from the circle of people around her. Emily barely had enough time to gaze lovingly at her family before they instantly pulled her into a group hug.

"I'm so glad you're home," Jenna murmured as she kissed her niece's temple. The new vampire was very thankful that Alaric made her leave earlier to drink from a blood bag a few hours ago or she would have definitely not been able to hug her niece like this and that would have crushed her.

"It's good to have you back, kid," Alaric murmured as he lovingly patted the back of the Radkova witch's head like as he would with his own daughter -- and that's how Alaric cared for Emily. He always cared and loved his girlfriend's niece since the moment he met her. Emily was just like a ray of sunshine in all of their lives and he was glad to have the real Emily back home with them.

Jeremy, however unlike his aunt and Alaric, didn't have it in him to say anything. The youngest Gilbert instead pulled Emily into a tight hug as he silently cried against her temple while he hid his face into her blonde hair. Jeremy didn't know what he could even say right now. He was just so relieved to have one of his sisters back after everything that had happened. Jeremy wished Elena was here, too, but he knew that wasn't possible anymore, as bad as he hated to think about it.