32. Epilogue

"Angelica Grace, what are you doing out here my dear?" Lexie asked as she laid in the tall green grass behind their house.

"Watching for a shooting star." She said sweetly, her blonde wavy hair splayed out into the grass . "Daddy told me they are magic. I hafta to tell them fank-you." She explained, her slight lisp still affecting the way she talked.

"I take it Daddy was telling you the magic day about when Mommy and Daddy got married, and their one-year anniversary, which is also your first birthday." Lexie said as she watched up at the sky with her niece.

"Yup, and I'm 4 today. So I hafta say fank-you." She said as she quickly looked over at Lexie and smiled. "I luff you auntie Lex."

"I love you to Angel." She said as she snuggled her niece into her arms as they laid there looking for the magic shooting star that somehow made their world what it was today.

Little did they know they were being watched from the back porch. "Boo." Derek said as he quickly snuck up behind her, wrapping his arms around her. "Spying on our little girl and her Auntie Lex?" He asked as he pulled her close to her.

"I just can't get enough of her. I missed so much, that year I spent in that coma." Meredith sighed as she relaxed into Derek's arms.

"We missed you every day you weren't here, and then one magic day I saw a shooting star and the next day you woke up. I don't know how that even was possible since they told me to say good-bye to you the day Angie was born, but I couldn't. She needed her mom, and I needed my wife." Derek said as she lost himself in the loose wave of Meredith's hair.

"Have I said thank-you lately, for not giving up on me?" Meredith asked as she turned around to face Derek.

"Yes, but it's your mom we should both be thanking. I still can't believe everything that she has done. She really turned around." Derek said. "Who would have thought four years ago, that after all the stepping up Thatcher, Susan and my mom did, that it would be Ellis that would swoop in and change our lives?" Derek mused at the memory. "Like, buying this house and letting us rent it so it is ours and we feel like we did it ourselves, flying down every month for visits with Angie, the constant phone calls. Seriously?"

"Don't forget the help with school, so we can both go at the same time." Meredith added.

"She really did turn out to be your mom when you needed her most. She never let anyone give up on you. Anything new they thought might wake you up." Derek shook his head. "It was unreal."

"I'm just grateful, that I am back where I belong and that you recorded every important moment that I missed so I could catch up when I woke up. Oh and for you saving me some of that cake I had to wait a year before I actually got a taste of." Meredith mused as she pulled back to look into Derek's eyes. "I love you. Happy Anniversary." She smiled.

"Happy Anniversary." He said as he leaned in to kiss his wife.

"Happy Amniverfery." Angelica boomed as she slammed into their legs and gave them a hug.

"And Happy Birthday Angel." Derek and Meredith said in unison as Derek reached down and picked her up, holding her inbetween himself and Meredith.

"I saw the magic daddy." She said with an excited smile.

"Oh you did, did you? And what did you wish for?" He asked.

"A baby brudder." She said as she wiggled down from their arms and raced for the stairs. Meredith shrugged at Derek who looked at her bewildered.

"What? I didn't tell her." She smiled, as she placed her hand on her belly, which hadn't even begun to show, since they just found out she was pregnant the day before. She quickly ran after Angelica, Derek hot on her heels as they laughed and giggled, not realizing that they had an audience as their entire family was still in the backyard celebrating their anniversary and Angelica's birthday.

Angelica Grace Shepherd:

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*• That was a cruel joke I know sorry about that the original author did it on tapatalk so I was like I'll do it here too lolnow this is the real ending I hope you liked this story ❤️

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
That was a cruel joke I know sorry about that the original author did it on tapatalk so I was like I'll do it here too lol
now this is the real ending I hope you liked this story ❤️

❗️Disclaimer❗️
I didn't write this story full credit goes to "SweetMcDreams" from the board "Surgical Language " site Tapatalk! And Published 2010
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•