30.

Ellis walked through the door that guarded her daughter's room. She closed it gently behind her, drawing the curtains closed as she approached her daughter's bed. She stood over Meredith and looked her up and down as she slept peacefully as the medications relaxed her body and took away her pain. She ran her hand across her face and then grasped her daughter's hand in hers as she sat down in the chair beside her.

"Meredith, I'm sorry that I have been so hard on you. I have never been one for words and you of all people know that." She spoke to her daughter as she watched their clasped hands. "But, I have to be honest. I have never been so frightened in my entire life than I was watching you fall to the ground today. I don't want to lose you but I am afraid I may have pushed you too far." Ellis said as she held back a tear, her eyes watering ever so slightly.

"Mommy?" Meredith woke, tears in her eye.

"I'm here Meredith." She told her as she looked into her daughter's eyes. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

"It hurts mom." Meredith said as the machines began to beep and whirl around. Ellis looked down to see a pool of blood starting to gather between Meredith's legs. Doctors began to flood into Meredith's room as Ellis flew into protective lioness mode, rather than freezing the way she had early.

"OR 1 Stat!" Ellis screamed as the nurses helped her get Meredith mobile and they headed towards the elevator as Derek rushed towards them, the rest of the family gathering by the hospital room door. "And page Dr. Dennis to meet us there." She yelled as hit the elevator button. "You're coming with us. Meredith is having this baby now and she needs you." She ordered to Derek. "You're her husband and it is your job to be there. Can you handle that?" She asked as the elevator bell rang and they pushed her through the bay doors. "Are you in or out?" Ellis asked as Derek jumped into the elevator with everyone else, signifying that he was in. Derek looked to Meredith who was in so much pain that she wasn't quite sure what was going on around her.

Ellis leaned over her daughter and with authority told her. "You are too extraordinary Meredith to just give up. Help us bring your daughter into this world and be a better mother than I was." She told her before looking up seeing eyes on her. "What? I am her mother, but I am also your chief and you will never tell another living soul I have a piece of a heart." She said as they reached the OR floor and they pushed Meredith in.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
Did u see this? What's up with that?
How they hell they'll bring her back?

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*• Did u see this? What's up with that?How they hell they'll bring her back?

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•