Chapter 39

Edited

Alexis pov

" dad are you okay " I ask when he starts coughing he puts his hand out. I reach for his hand and take it in mine.

" I'll... be right ... back " he says between coughs. I nod with sad eyes, I look over to axel.

He fake smiles.

" it'll be okay " he says grabbing me in his arms. He hugs me and rubs my back.

" I don't want him to go " I whimper " i know " he says and I shake my head. Sucking the tears back as much as I can.

I look back over to dads side of the table and smile.

I'm gonna miss him.

I look over to the toilet to see dad coming out, looking a little better he walks over to the table along with our food.

The women places our food in front of us, smiles and walks off.

" axel right " my father says reaching his hand out for axel to shake. Axel reaches his hand out and shakes my dads hand firmly.

" I've heard you treat my daughter right " dad says smiling looking over to me, he winks at me and I smile.

" yes, I do it at least I hope I do " axel answers confidently, I smile and nod my head.

" that's good " dad says taking some food into his mouth, I let go of axels hand and start eating my own food.

~~~

Axels pov

" I'll be back " Lexi says getting up walking over to the toilets. I watch her walk in and look over to her father.

" sir I'd like to take your daughter over to our friends house for the night, where doing a friends only party tomorrow before we all leave to where ever and not see each other for a while " I ask lying to him slightly, him he looks up interested and smiles.

" as long as there isn't beer involved " he says nodding his head " there won't be " I say telling him what he wants to hear and he smiles.

" then of course she can go " he says, I smile as Lexi walks back out of the bathroom, she smiles walking over to us.

She ruffles her fingers in my hair as she sits down and smiles.

" what were you to talking about " she asks " just asking for your father's permission to go with me and our friends to the night with friends thing as Taylor called it " I say and she looks over to her father with sad eyes.

" I don't think I should go because your dying dad " she says, I look over to her dad and he nods.

" no I'll be okay for a night without you, just go and have fun with your friends " he says smiling at her as he starts coughing again.

" no I shouldn't go " she says I furrow my brows and take her hand.

" do whatever you think is right " I say and she looks over to me with a smile.

" thanks, I really do wanna go but I wanna be her with my father " she says I nod understanding her needs.

" no go please it'll be okay because the nurse is coming over tomorrow night to examine me and see if I'm doing better or worse " he says.

" if you think I should go, there's a nurse coming over the entire time I'm gone " she says and he nods smiling at her.

" yes don't worry about me and if I go I know we made up before I leave and besides I'll be up there with Alex " he says grabbing her hand in his.