she

relationship status : dating
warnings: mentions of insecurities
y/n's usual pov :)

♡︎

"why did i have to be born like this?" i wonder to myself, holding back the tears threatening to stroll down my stained cheeks.

i gaze at my self through the mirror, pointing out every single flaw i manage to make out.

it's not fair, honestly.
they all have beautiful hair, and beautiful eyes.

they're all perfect. yet i'm just...

...me.

plain, ordinary-looking. nothing special.

so i wonder why he chose me? out of everyone.

i try not to let it bother me, really. but the thoughts seep through every once in a while and sink in.

it's hard to get them out.

a ping sounds through from my phone and i read it quickly. it's just vinnie letting me know that he'll be back late.

because he's with her.

i can't hold the thoughts back, the thought that he could feel something for her more than he could for me. or find interest in her just by the way she looks at him through thick lashes and with a perfect smile.

i'm overthinking, i know. vinnie wouldn't.

but my demons love to get the best of me, all the time.

i ponder on how they could be brushing shoulders slightly, him tucking a strand of her perfectly-styled hair out of her face, to have access to it.

like he does with me.

she's so much more than me, so much prettier and she's better for him. i can't deny the fact that they look better together.

self-esteem crushing more and more by the second, sleep also envelopes me in my tear-filled damp bed.

i hadn't realised i had been crying for a while, how pathetic.

and soon, i let the nightmares catch up and take me into their own.

-

my eyes snap open at the feeling of being shaken awake violently, turning my head to see vinnie beside me. i glance at the clock, it reads 11pm.

"baby, you weren't waking up. you scared me so much, you know that?" vinnie mutters against my chest, before pecking my forehead then removing his hoodie.

"i'm sorry, i was deep in sleep" i sit up, reaching over the nightstand to grab the glass of water perched up on it.

"you okay, babe? you're eyes are puffier than normal when you wake up."

"yeah, i am. did you have fun?" he climbs into the bed next to me, fluffy hair ticking my bare shoulder.

"yeah...i guess, but i was thinking about how much i missed you the whole time." vinnie mumbles, reaching for my hand under the covers, then wrapping an arm around my waist to bury his face into my chest.

i've always loved how affectionate he his.

i lay still, the thoughts of them together lace in my mind, preventing me from showing affection back.

"i love you" vinnie says, a faint smile spreading across his lips at his words.

i don't answer.

"are you alright, y/n?" vinnie rests on an elbow, to gaze at me fully.

"did i do something or-"

suddenly my breath gets caught in my throat, everything that was holding me together heads downhill, it's almost like i feel myself slipping away. slowly.

"i'm tired, night vin" i turn on my side bitterly, away from him. i don't like the distance between us, but this barrier is the only way i can think of to get rid of all of this.

"talk to me, y/n" vinnie insists, placing a hand on my shoulder in attempt to get me to face him again.

it works.

"i can tell there's something up with you, you're acting... different" he's right.

after a calm silence, my thoughts don't catch up with my lips and the words are already spewing out.

"why do you love me vinnie?"

he furrows his brows at the sudden question, glancing at me in utter shock and disbelief.

"why-"

i cut him off. "she's so much more than i am, she's prettier, and has everything that i don't. i can't understand why you picked me, and not her.

a few moments of silence pass before vinnie's eyes meet with mine again.

"because she's not you"

-

a/n!
hi there
this imagine was quite sad 😔
i can make a part two if u want.

well, i haven't got much else to say so just on to the qoftheday.
HEY THAT RHYMED 😁

anyway, this ones a really random 'would you rather':
would you rather fall asleep for a year, or go about your day completely naked?

i actually don't know what to say to that one tbh😐