fight back

relationship status : married, with a little boy with a stutter.
this was a request by the lovely baggyshorts !
so sorry this took so long lol

"i'm not going" the little boy holds the comforter over up to his chest, a frown displayed across his lips.

"well little man, you don't have a choice!" i pull them back down, giggling to myself at his cute little spaceship pyjamas.

"but i don't want to" vinnie walks in, kneeling down to meet logan's height beside his bed.

he ruffles a hand through his disheveled curls, much like vinnie's but a lot darker.

his bright blue eyes widen and light up once he sees vinnie, like they always do.

"why don't you want to go to school buddy?" vinnie murmurs groggily.

"because they're...they're mean to me" i glance at vinnie, watching as logan lowers his head, cheeks deepening in colour.

"mean to you?" i furrow my eyes, and so does vinnie.

"they make fun of me because of my stutter"

"they're still mean to you? i thought we resolved this ages ago?" vinnie's expression becomes angry, and i place my hand in his to calm him.

logan is very timid, and doesn't like to speak his mind or show much emotion.

so if this was affecting his mood, we probably wouldn't know.

"i really ought to give that school a piece of my-"

"n-no! please don't mommy, they'll tease me even more" my heart hurts for him, he's still little and i wish he'd let us do more for him.

"i really don't wanna go. can't we just go to nana's instead?"

logan loves going to vinnie's parents house. i'm glad he has that special bond with them where he can find comfort.

vinnie's eyes flick to mine, and i nod once he turns to face logan again.

"sure... but just for today okay?" he manages a small smile, small but enough.

-

"it's not his fault. it's a speech impediment that can't be helped. why are they so mean to him that he can't even go to school? i don't understand vinnie-"

"hey, hey. it's okay. i promise- don't stress about it, love. i'm sure it'll pass, you know how little kids are" vinnie reassures, placing his hands on my waist and a light press to my forehead.

"but it's hurting him vin. can't you see it in his eyes?"

"all we have to do is put a smile on his face, can you do that for me?"

"yeah-"

"i'm ready!" logan cuts me off with his cheery voice, standing in the doorway of his bedroom.

the beaming smile on his face lightens my heart a little.

vinnie chuckles, as logan is wearing a t-shirt that is way too small for him and his pyjama bottoms are still on.

"you got dressed yourself?"

"yes! i can do it m-myself now!"

-

after altering logan's poor choice of clothing, we head to vinnie's parents house for the day.

logan blabs on about this new girl that sat next to him the other day, and how she asked to hold his hand.