for ever and ever, and ever

relationship status: married, with kid
y/n's pov

"god y/n, i literally just want to sleep" vinnie flips me off, turning away from me.

"why can't you just listen to me? all i want is for you to help around the house. i cook, i clean, i take care of our fucking daughter! and what do you do? you just laze around all day" i say, and vinnie glances at me weirdly, confusion clear in his voice.

"are you kidding me right now? i don't laze around all day! that's bullshit y/n!" he roars, startling me.

"we have a sleeping four year old upstairs vincent, i'd appreciate it if you'd keep your voice down" i reply sternly, as the realisation that our daughter is asleep hits me.

"look, all i'm trying to say is that i do help out, that's all. if you weren't so busy going out all day, you would realise that" he states, causing my anger to arise.

"what the fuck is that supposed to mean? that is so untrue! vinnie i-"

the soft sound of my daughter's tired voice interrupts our argument. "mommy?" she chirps up, her gaze shifts between her two parents with balled up fists.

my gaze immediately softens as i glance over to her, tears strolling down her face as the thought of anything happening to her perfect family sinks in.

"oh baby" my heart sinks as i walk over to luna, who's leaning against the door frame, shirt half off and hair pulled into a floppy ponytail.

i scoop her up into my arms, holding her close to my chest to level out her troubled breathing.
"it's okay honey, why aren't you sleeping?" i question sitting next to a very guilty looking vinnie.

her chest rises up and down slowly, and she sniffles releasing a small cough. "i couldn't sleep cus you were fighting. i don't like it when you and dada fight" luna admits, she gazes up at me, tears collecting at her thick eyelashes.

vinnie glances at me, unsure of what to do.

"hun, i don't like it when we fight either, but sometimes it just can't be helped. parents always fight, it's natural baby. but i guess we have been fighting a lot lately..." my words trail off when a tear slips out vinnie's eye.

i fumble with my fingers, placing my free hand in luna's hair as she nods. vinnie opens his mouth to speak but closes it soon after.

"are you and dada still going to be together?" her hopeful eyes stare into mine as the realisation of what she may be thinking hits me.

i process her words, as vinnie runs a hand through his hair frustratedly.

"of course we are luna, we'd never, ever break up. we love each other too much, and you to even think about doing that. honey we are always going to be a family, forever and ever. okay?" vinnie blurts out, his words soothing my worrying state.

i take his hand into mine, interlacing our fingers together and gripping them tightly. she nods and opens her arms up towards him, motioning for her to be held by him.

he takes her into her arms in the blink of an eye, running his hand through her loose curls as she lays her head on his bare chest for comfort.

"dada?" she looks up at him curiously.

"do you promise to love me and momma for ever and ever and ever?" she beams up at him, giving him a lazy smile.

"for ever and ever and ever luna, i promise" he replies, pressing a swift kiss to my hand and her forehead.

a/n
awh this was cute 😞
anyone else want to marry vincent hacker?
just me? ok.