cheater pt. 2

relationship status: broken up
vinnie's pov

(a few hours after y/n caught vinnie and left)

"you just never learn, do you? it's pathetic vincent" i sigh in defeat as my mother's eyes gloss over with disappointment.

"i can't believe you did this to that poor girl, that was the last thing she deserved" she crosses her arms over her chest as i slump into my chair, rubbing my sore eyes from crying too much.

i stir my fork around in my bowl, thoughts running wild in my head at the thought of y/n hating me over this seeps through to my mind.

of course she hates me, i hate myself.
it wasn't okay for me to cheat, and it never will be. i've disappointed everyone, my parents, y/n and most importantly, me.

i don't know why i cheated, i guess i had a lot of bottled up stress and anger inside me, and she was the easiest person to take it out on. i regret cheating, i regret ever hurting her.

"you should never hurt your one true love, it isn't true love if you do that" my mother blurts out, before shaking her head and exiting the room.

(about a month later)

i decide to take a walk, to clear my head. i can't get y/n out of my mind, i don't think i ever will. she's the love of my life, and i know i don't deserve her in the slightest, but i do love her.

i decided to give y/n some space, and not shower her with endless texts and calls.

i walk nearer towards a bench, wind running through my curls messing them up a little. i dip my hand into my pockets as the weather starts to grow colder.

and that's when i see a girl. she sits herself on the bench, curly hair bouncing at her slumped shoulders.

i run a hand through my hair, nearing closer to the bench. the girl writes something down in a notepad, shutting it soon after and slipping it into her bag.

the girl takes a deep breath before i recognise her face and realise that it's y/n.

"y/n?" i blurt out, taking a few steps closer to her. she stands up and backs away, the expression of her face is clear that she doesn't want to see me.

"i don't want to see you vinnie. did you follow me here?" i shake my head quickly at her words, and my heart sinks.

"i didn't know you'd be here" i admit and take a seat next to her.

i decide not to make conversation, and just get to the point.

"but know that you're here, i just want you to hear me out" i breathe out, not preparing what i have to say to her.

"i'm so, so so sorry for all the pain i've caused you. i will never forgive myself for what i've done y/n. i didn't think, i wasn't thinking straight. i know i don't deserve you, but all i can ask for is your forgiveness"'

"i- i don't think i can forgive you vinnie" she says quietly, her hazel eyes meeting with mine.

"i understand" i feel a tear slide down my cheek, but i wipe it away quickly.

"but... that doesn't mean i won't forgive you in the future. there's a possibility that i may give you another chance. but i would need to know that i'm not just gonna be some side piece, that you can mess around with whenever you want"
i watch as her lips curve into a very faint smile.

"you were never a side piece y/n. i love you, with my whole heart and i never intended to hurt you. i just got caught up in the moment and let it go way to far, if i could take it all back i would"

a comfortable silence takes over us, and i feel y/n shift her weight and glance at me.

"you know what the hardest thing about loving someone is? it's not the separation in the beginning, it's not the endless nights spent crying and wishing they would change, it's the love. i tried, so so hard to forget about you. but i can't, and i don't think i'm ever going to stop. as much as i want to let you go, i'm always going to love you, no matter what you do"

my aching heart softens at her words. i want to hold her to my chest, kiss every part of her body that is hurting. i want to make love to her, and make her long for me in ways that even she can't describe. i know i can't do that though, i'm gonna have to earn her back.

i can't hold my tears back any longer, so i let them out.
and before i know it, i'm a sobbing mess. y/n catches me off guard by taking me into her arms, and rubbing my back softly. i inhale her usual strawberry scent, taking it in as i soft sniffle.

"we'll take baby steps vin, teensy weensy baby steps" she whispers into my shoulder, and my smile grows at her words.

i whisper a small 'i love you' making sure she can't hear, but hopeful she will hear once i've regained her trust and affection again.