nightmare

relationship status : married w/ 4 year old luna.
y/n's pov

i wake up to the sound of faint footsteps, and i glance up over the bed and see nothing. it's 2am, and vinnie is still fast asleep beside me.

after a few moments luna runs in, whimpering.

"mommy" i lift her up onto the bed, turning on the lamp.

her cheeks are stained with tears and she sniffles, rubbing a finger over her small nose.

"what's wrong luna?" i question, and she holds onto my arms.

"nightmare" luna mumbles, before leaning against my chest, and i wrap my arms around her small frame.

"it's okay baby, you're safe" i stroke her auburn curls softly, being careful not to tangle my fingers in the mess.

"dada and you were gone" she blurts out, pulling away to face me. i wipe away her tears, as she blinks slowly.

"it's not real honey, we'll always be here"

"i'm scared" she starts to whimper again, chest rising up and down as she leans into me further.

"what happened?" i turn to see vinnie sitting up, rubbing at his eyes, a line of sweat glistening at his hairline.

"dada" she immediately sits on his lap, wrapping her arms around his torso and resting her head against his bare chest.

"she had a nightmare" i lay back down, watching as the two become very sleepy again.

"you're gonna be okay, luna" vinnie yawns, and luna slips in the small gap between vinnie and i pushing our bodies apart a little.

she snuggles up to him, ragged breathing now softening.

"you're okay now, yeah?" he tickles at her bellybutton, a trick used to calm her down every since she was born.

she giggles quietly, nodding up at vinnie slowly.

"night dada" luna yawns, shaking slightly.

"night, princess" vinnie presses a lingering kiss to her forehead, and within minutes she's already fast asleep.

"let's go back to sleep hun" he says, unable to open his eyes fully.

"she said we were gone, vin" i mutter, switching the lamp off.

"so? it was just a nightmare babe" vinnie answers, squeezing my fingers gently.

"i know, but don't dreams or nightmares usually have a connection to something.?"

"i don't know baby, i'm too tired to think properly" vinnie mumbles and i sigh out, the snoring of the both of them becoming one loud mixture.

a/n
didn't finish but i'm too tired to
bye bye ily guys