mornings with you

relationship status: married, with a baby
y/n's pov

golden sunlight floods the room, reflecting onto the walls. as i squint my tired eyes awake, i rake my hand around the bed, only to realise vinnie isn't in bed.

"vinnie?" i call out, but it comes out as more of a yawn. i place one foot on the ground, before another and i grimace at my bedhead state in the mirror.

i tiptoe down the corridor, the sweet smell of pancakes and bacon fills my nose. i tilt my head to the side when i see that our baby isn't in her cot. i hum in satisfaction as i take a step into the kitchen, to see vinnie cooking whilst holding in his arms.

he whispers incoherent words into her tiny ear, while placing soft kisses on her forehead. the way she fits into his side so perfectly, has my heart melting. soft giggles escape her lips as vinnie rocks her gently, she clenches her small hand around vinnie's finger.

he doesn't even notice me standing there until i walk over to them.

"look how beautiful your mommy is, luna" she giggles at his words. vinnie's eyes are filled with nothing but pure adoration as i wrap my arms around his waist.

"hi, hun" i whisper into the crook of his neck.
he places the spoon he's holding down and lifts my chin up, bringing my lips to meet his.

"i thought i'd wake up a little earlier and make breakfast" my smile grows at vinnie's thoughtfulness.

luna coos as i remove her from vinnie's grasp and take her into my own.

"hi baby" i hold her close to my chest and play with the thin wisps of hair that lay on her head. her green orbs beam up at me as sunlight fills the room.

"yum, this looks so good vin" i softly run my free hand through vinnie's light brown curls, as a small smile grows at his lips. vinnie slowly moves across the wooden floor, taking a seat next to me at our kitchen island.

"how'd you sleep babe?" vinnie asks me before chewing on a rasher of bacon.

"i slept amazing" i respond as i break a bit of a pancake and feed it to luna. i glance over to the other side of the kitchen, to see the orange juice jug sitting there just waiting to be poured into a glass. i place luna in vinnie's lap and walk over to it, then grabbing a glass out of the cupboard and filling it with orange juice.

luna fidgets slightly, before i realise she is getting a little uncomfortable in the position she's sitting in. a cry escapes her lips and that's when vinnie takes the opportunity to comfort her. he scoops her up into his arms, pressing her head into his chest gently. her cries soften as he hums a low tune, a familiar lullaby that he has sung to her ever since she was born.

she gazes up at him in admiration, and i watch as the she grows more comfortable in the warmth of her fathers arms. i bite my bottom lip in attempt to hide my growing smile but it peeks out anyway.

"she's going to fall back asleep vin" i say as i play with the tiny hairs at the nape of his neck. "it's okay" he mumbles, pressing a kiss to the baby's head.

"i love spending my mornings with you" he whispers, before pulling my waist closer with his free hand, and pressing a loving kiss to my forehead. i smile at his actions, never wanting this feeling of warmth and love to come to an end.

a/n
just some cute fluff to start things off, and brighten your day
comment what else you would like to see :)