Pirate AU Part 13

Start from the beginning

"Dont take too long," she said, before leaving them to it.

"How are we going to get down there?" Kya asked as they stared at the water below them.

"Jump?" Lin offered. She got a dirty look from Kya, but she didn't care.

Getting any look from Kya felt like a dream.

She was still living in a blind bliss since getting her girlfriend back. She felt powerful, immortal even.

She knew it was a dangerous feeling, it could make one overly confident, mess with their thinking.

But she could hold onto it a little while longer.

"We'll take the row boat." Lin said, evoking a sigh of exasperation. She waited for Kya to make the move, and slowly followed suit.

___________________________________________

Izumi looked through her spyglass, sighing with defeat. They would be stuck here for hours, maybe days considering it would freeze again in the night.

She had wanted to help Kya best she could, but perhaps she jumped into this too quickly. She wasn't prepared to sail in icy waters, let alone outside of the fire nation.

She didn't have protection out here, it was dangerous. If the locals identified them as a pirate ship, it could mean disaster. She watched the slow progress with dreary eyes, shaking her head.

"Stop." She said weakly. No one listened so she repeated herself at a greater volume.

"Stop!" This time the crew hated, holding the jars above their heads.

"Dont waste anymore, it will just freeze again. Take five, I need to think this through." She walked away from the edge, hoping to clear her head. She paced aimlessly, half waiting for Lin to return with a solution, half waiting to think of one herself.

She found herself on the third deck, tossing an apple, well on its way to rotting, in the air when she heard a tap. She turned around, seeing Suyin wrapped in a blanket on her cot. She sat upright, her hands above the covering.

"Wheres the kids?" Izumi asked. Su held up her hands, gesturing.

Eating. She signed.

"Mmm," Suyin signed something else, but Izumi couldn't make it out.

"I don't understand," she said. Su furrowed her brows before raising her hands again.

Why no move?

Great, even she had figured out they were stuck.

"We hit ice, if you can believe it. We can't get it to melt." Su pursed her lips, thinking.

"I know, I've been wandering around hoping your sister comes up with a solution so I don't have to."

Oars. Suyin gestured.

"What?"

Oars. Row-boat.