160. La Mort meets Guardian

Começar do início

Many years later in a waiting room of a careers counsellor's clinic

Eddy, an angel who preferred to call himself a guardian,  was subtly eyeing out the young man dressed in the stylish all-white outfit sitting in a chair across the waiting room.

He must be one of us.. a Guardian. He must be a very successful one. I really should try dressing more like him. He looks gorgeous in white and he's put together his look without any of that stupid organza. Maybe I could ask for some fashion tips...

"Next waiting please... Eddy?"

Eddy quickly stood up, disappointed he missed an opportunity to speak to the gorgeous looking man in white. Eddy hoped the beautiful stranger would still be here when he was finished with his appointment.

So his name is Eddy..

Brett, a grim reaper who preferred to call himself La Mort,  couldn't help himself stare at the handsome young man who had gotten up from his chair and stepped into the counsellor's office. He wore all black, it was a skin-tight leather outfit with multiple chains dangling around from his waist. He looked very fashionable. Gorgeous.

He must be one of us.. La Mort. He must be a very successful one. Maybe I could try dressing a bit like him. Maybe I could ask for some fashion tips...

"Next waiting please... Brett?"

Brett quickly stood up, hoping he won't miss an opportunity to speak to the gorgeous man in black. Brett hoped they'd finish their appointments around the same time.

Fortunately, Guardian Eddy and La Mort Brett did emerge from their consultation rooms at the same time. They stood on the opposite sides of the waiting room and stared at each other.

The ever so charismatic extrovert La Mort Brett initiated the conversation.  He confidently walked towards the man dressed in black as he held out his hand;

"Hi. I'm Brett. I love your outfit."

The guardian shook his hand shyly as he replied;

"Hi. I'm Eddy. Thank you. Likewise, I think you look awesome. I could really use some fashion tips from you.. according to HR, I'm the worst dressed in my professional field."

Brett widened his eyes in disbelief.

"What? Oh no way, how could they possibly say that to you, you're the best dressed of my kind I've ever seen."

Eddy raised an eyebrow.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Eddy, I meant that you are the best dressed La Mort I've ever met..."

"..La Mort?"

"Yeah.. you know, Death."

Eddy gave out a chuckle.

"Is that what you think I am?"

Brett looked puzzled.

"You are, aren't you? Like me?"

Eddy raised his other eyebrow in surprise.

"You.. you're Death? I.. I thought you were a guardian like me."

"What??? You're a guardian, as in an angel!?"

Eddy blushed.

"Um. Yeah."

Brett grimaced.

"Oooooh Eddy, Eddy, Eddy...you must get into sooooo much trouble with uniform breaches with an outfit like that for a guardian."

Eddy grinned as shook his head.

"Hah, you have no f*cking idea, Brett. ...Actually you probably do.. more than anyone I've ever met. I bet you were sent here for the same reason."

The two looked at each other again, then they both burst out laughing.  After they both calmed down, Brett wiped a tear from all the laughing and asked;

"Eddy.. where did you get those chains?"

"Hardware store. I bought so much, the shop assistant thought I worked in construction. Brett, who designed your outfit? I'd kill for an outfit like that. It looks so good"

Brett chuckled.

"Thanks, but OMG Eddy you're a guardian, you can't go kill someone for an outfit. This is custom made. I have an awesome tailor."

Eddy sighed.

"You sure do. OMG I'd wear white if I could get something as tasteful as what you're wearing Brett. It looks so good."

"I'm sure my tailor could design something you'd love Eddy. Where did you get your leather outfit? It looks pretty skin tight but can you still move around okay in it?"

"Yeah, the specialist shop I go to stocks the softest kind that takes into consideration of mobility. I can still fight in it if I have to."

"F, fight?"

Eddy grinned.

"Comes with the job of being a guardian."

"Really? Your job sounds fascinating."

"Well.. I take a rather unorthodox approach to my profession."

Brett broke out into a smile.

"Really!? Me too!!"

Eddy replied enthusiastically.

"Oh Brett, I'd love to hear all about it."

Brett matched the guardian's enthusiasm;

"And me, too. All about yours."

"Sure. But first, would you introduce me to your tailor please?"

"Oh yeah, absolutely. He loves a challenge, I bet he would love to design something for you!! Can we go now? I'll call him and tell him we're coming in to see him."

"Great...!!!"

As soon as La Mort Brett and Guardian Eddy left the waiting room, the same doors where the duo had emerged from minutes ago opened and out came Brett and Eddy, the two counsellors who had just interviewed the problematic Angel and Death, respectively.

"Brett.. did you just interview an angel that dressed goth?"

Brett, exhausted, pinched the bridge of his nose as he slowly nodded his head.

"Yeah... he's my toughest client.. Who did you just have?"

"My most troublesome.. Death that dresses in all white."

Brett looked up at Eddy in surprise.

"No sh*t, Eddy."

"No, no bull. And I think I just saw the two of them leave together.. OMG can you imagine those two together.. what a frickin' nightmare."

"Oh no, please no. Anyway, I think you and me, the both of us could use a well-deserved break? Coffee?"

"Sure Brett, let's go."