𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

Ankit wasn't feeling good about Sheetal. He knew these witches for a long time now. He was worried about his sister. They could go to any extent to hurt Khushi. But like Arnav said, he should've relaxed for now. They talked for some time, then dropped the call.

****

RAIZADA MANSION :
(Next Morning)

Khushi's slumber was disrupted by sunlight. She woke up with a jerk, seeing the time. She was late. She was supposed to prepare breakfast today as it was chula pujan rasam today. Dadi and Maa discussed it with her last night. How could she forget?

She was getting up, but something heavy on her waist stopped her from doing so. She looked down and was startled to see her husband. His arms were around her waist and face buried in her neck. Her heart was pounding, feeling his warm breath on her neck.

She gazed at his face and then looked down at his possessive hold on her waist, as if scared to lose her even in his sleep. She looked at his face again and saw some worry lines which she missed before, as if something was bothering him even in his sleep.

She caressed his worry lines lovingly. She forgot everything around her and about to kiss his head but stopped. She was shocked by her actions.

"What was I going to do? I...i... I was about to ki.... kis...kiss him. I was going to kiss a man who loved my sister. How could I forget that our marriage was not the real one? It came with an expiry date and I had to leave once she came back. Ho...how...how could I? No...no... It's not right. Whatever I was about to do was wrong. What I feel for Arnavji was utterly wrong. He's not behaving rudely with me, doesn't mean that he has started to feel something. What he was doing was just to make me comfortable with him. It means nothing...just nothing", she mumbled. Tears started to accumulate in her beautiful hazel eyes.

Khushi knew that she was falling for her husband. But he was not hers. He had someone else in his heart. But what about her heart? It was beyond her control now. She never felt that way for anyone before. Look at the game, fate was playing with her. She wouldn't even admit it to him because she knew it wasn't worth it.

He loved someone else. She knew that eventually her heart was going to break. Was that really so? She was getting suspicious of him and her surroundings. He kept something hidden from him for sure.

How could a groom, moreover a lover, take such a grave incident of his bride's, running away and then get a stranger as his bride with such calmness? That to the bride he claimed to be in love with? He was not even upset with her or her family for betraying him in such a gruesome way. As much as she knew about ASR, he loathed lies and betrayal. She was confused. Something was definitely fishy.

What was the truth? Who was the real ASR? Was he doing all this for any revenge? Or was there something else behind it? To whom should she talk about all this, dadi or anyone else? Then she shrugged her shoulders, thinking she might've been reading between the lines unnecessarily.

Her trance was broken when the alarm rang again. She once again looked at her husband and slowly removed his hand from her waist and went to get ready for the day without noticing that her dearest husband heard her every single word she spoke.

Arnav finally opened his eyes when Khushi went to the bathroom. His eyes were frosty. He was hurt when he realized that she still believed their marriage was fake.

He knew her doubts were not pointless. She should've had many confusions about all these ordeals, even then, how could she still treat their marriage as a fake one? He felt a stab through his heart.

******

Arnav woke up when Khushi tried to get up from the bed, but couldn't because of his hold. Even after realizing this, he didn't lose his hold. He wanted to see what she would do?