↝Chqpter~29

The bell rings. Jungkook draws out a breath and opens the door to his tired wife.

"Fuck I'm sleepy. Is Sakura sleeping?"

"Yeah.....I bathed her, changed her into an onsie......fed her. Now she's asleep."

You raised your eyebrows. "That's nice. Didn't know you would get too serious about taking her of her."

"She's my daughter too."

You smile. "Of course she is. Thank you."

"No need for a thank you. She is my daughter." You heard him being adamant and chuckled before he followed you around.

You sniff the air and take a wisp of something appetizing. You were already hungry and now your stomach just rumbled for food.

Like a sniffer dog who is trained to find drugs by mere scent—you sniff around and walk in the kitchen.

"Hold up........you cooked?!"

"Yeah. It's just basic but I'm improving. Atleast didn't chop my own hand off."

The dinner was already set on the table. Plates were out ready to be served into. Atleast your day is ending well. After all the things today, you were totally knocked off.

"Since when did you start cutting?"

"Improving.......day by day."

"Thank you so much!" You hug him tightly and peck his cheek.

"Again......it's my house too."

You look up and narrowed your eyes. "Are you trying to bribe me with all of this? Cause it's totally working. Tell me what you want."

Jungkook laughed. "A kiss maybe."

"I'm willing to pay." You lock your lips with him. Jungkook pulls you closer and slips your purse off on the chair. He cups your nape and makes you lean over him before gently caressing your back. He felt you loosening slightly.

Maybe it's working..........

He hums softly and continues his soft touches before daintily brushing your hair away. Doe-eyed magnetic pair of brown orbs looked into yours.

Deeply.

"Thank you princess." He whispered holding you at a hair's length. The man gently smiled and ran a hand through your hair which was a bit tangled up.

And he sees your cheeks reddening ever so slightly.

It's working!!!

Jungkook sees you gulp and shaking it off before looking away. He was still holding your waist. It wasn't just an airy touch like he did always. Fingers were moulded around your curve filling your skin with warmth and enticement.

You undid his hold without a word and got away facing your back towards him.

Hold on.......this was where you would give a snarky remark...... bully him or maybe touch him.

You did nothing of sort.

Instead you hid your face!

IT'S DEFINITELY WORKING!!

One more point for him.

He didn't know from where he got the courage but he found himself wrapping his arms around you again before kissing your head. "Tried giving a gift to you. Since actions are better than words........ wanted to show you how much I appreciate your support. Mommy works hard for the brat."

He felt you loosening more. You were always stiff around him. Putting up a facade of a strong woman so that he could rely on you.

He wanted to bring that down. So that he could care for you. Bring back his baby.