↝Chapter~8

A divorce.........sounds easy, doesn't it?

Sign some papers, pack your bags and let's go.

The easiest option when marriage starts break. When the couple can't come to their own terms......when they get tired of each other. Getting a divorce on the silliest of the silly things. Getting divorce over not having their own ways. Getting a divorce over kids, sex, cheating partners, families, jobs, incomes and thousands of other things.

Getting a divorce when they forget what made them fall in Love in the first place.

It was funny how when things when south, the Love which they treasured the most was measured and weighted on a few pieces of paper with alimonies and properties scribbled on them.

And who gets hurt the most? Who are the ones getting damaged and broken more than anyone else?

Children.

Innocent children who wouldn't know how it felt like to have a complete, biological and happy family. Who wouldn't know how how it is to have a dad or a mom. If they get lucky with the step parents they win a lottery but still.............they would always wonder how their real parents were like.

And as you sat in the living room at 4 in the morning with your hair clutched tightly in your own fingers you wondered what happened. How did things go so wrong with you? How did the person you loved more than yourself, who promised you that he would protect you with his life asked for a divorce?

You never imagined yourself in this position. You never feared for this to happen and always used to wonder why marry and eventually divorce when you know you are gonna fall out of love anyways?

You were so confident about your relationship that whatever happened.......you knew he would always be there for you and vise versa.

No tears were yet to come, your eyes were bloodshot and swollen, nose runny and red. Your hands trembled while your brain felt like exploding. Letting your head fall back you cupped your mouth and cried more, your chest throbbed in pain.

It felt as if your heart was crashed, crushed, ripped and hammered upon countless times till you couldn't find pieces to mend it.

You loved him.

Loved him bad.

So bad that you didn't know how to carry on forward. You didn't have any reason to live except Sakura. But you knew he would take good care of her if you left her with him.

So why would you even live on anymore?

But he said he didn't want this. He didn't want any of this. He said you could have Sakura and go away.

He didn't want you.........not anymore.

Was it your fault?

Did he not find you beautiful anymore? Did you get ugly after giving birth to his child?

What happened?

He had once said he would love you all over again if he forgot you. You recalled your weirdly first date with him.

"Wait!" You suddenly remembered the injury in his head. You tiptoed and searched gently through his hair for the wound. He laughed. "It's ok y/n. I am fine."

"Shut up! You might need stitches. What if you had an internal bleeding?"

"It's ok! I feel nothing!"

"I swear I'm gonna beat you into pulp if you get a brain damage and forget me in the morning!" He crinkled his eyes and laughed. "Well then, I would fall in love with you again. I would choose you over anything again and again."