Make His Life Hell

Madison's POV

"Madison, what happened?" Austin asks clearly concerned as I ignore to respond due to looking around my surroundings. This creep has been following us the whole time....

"She's right Austin" I say, looking straight out the window "what? Who's right?" I turn over to look at Austin, clearly scared. "It's not Mary" was all I say before grabbing my phone, purse and jacket.

"Where you going?" Austin questions as I quickly open the car door. "Austin, maybe it's best if I walked home today" he shakes his head no, grabbing my wrist gently. "I can't let you do that baby girl. You don't know this area very well. I can't let you out of my sight and possibly get hurt." "Then I'll call a cab" he just groans.

"You don't understand Austin" I sigh, getting frustrated. I wasn't upset because of Austin. I was upset because this asshole might ruin my relationship with him by telling the one person who would be a hundred percent against it and probably might get him arrested.

"I don't understand?" He questions, clearly annoyed "you act like your the only one in this mess. Your not" I look over at him, confused by his sudden attitude "what's your problem?" He sighs, pulling his hair. "I don't have a problem Madison just please, get in the car. I need to get you home"

"Austin-" I take a deep breathe "I'm just going to take a cab home. I'll find my way back, I promise" he just looks over at me, his jaw clenched "what made you change your mind about me taking you home? Is that asshole threatening you again?!"

"No!" I say a little too quick "I just need some time to myself, clear some things off my mind" he rolls his eyes. "whatever." Was all he said before I hop out his car, closing the door behind.

Looking through Austin's window, I see him slam his hands against the steering wheel before speeding down the road clearly pissed. I just take a deep breath, trying to stop my tears from almost falling.

I'm really wishing this relationship isn't gonna fall apart
'Who am I kidding? It already is...'

••••

"Seven dollars" the cab driver says as he pulls up in front of my boring looking house. Taking out my wallet, I grab a crisp ten dollar bill. "Keep the change" hopping out the taxi, I make my way up the steps to spot an angry looking Lauren. Oh shit...

"Lauren, I can expl-" "save your bullshit for someone else Madison!" My eyes widen "you said we would hang out after school correct?" I nod my head, guilt starting to appear

"what happened? You had me waiting outside the school for you for about at least an hour!" "Something came up with Austin and I" I whispered. She chuckles.

"Of course, Austin. He seems to be more important than your best friend aye?" "Lauren, I'm sorry! We can plan something-" "No!-" she shouts, catching me off guard. "I don't want nothing to do with you anymore. Go and plan something with Austin." With that, Lauren shoves passed me and walks down the block.

I sigh and take a seat on the steps.
My whole life right now is completely fucked up.

I just lost my best friend and my relationship isn't going as I thought It be. I wish I can tell Lauren everything but, I don't want her getting hurt. Maybe after all, it was a good thing to keep her away. For her safety.

'Maybe it's also good to stay away from Austin then. For his safety'

"What am I going to do" I mumble as I pull into my hair.
'Beep beep' It was my phone.

'Poor you, losing your best friend? You already did my job for me before I got the chance to. How about you do another?'
A minute later, another text appears
'Stay away from Austin or I will make his life hell'

•••••

Sorry it's short! I'll try to post one later tonight.
Can you guys try to get this up to 200 votes???

Twitter- @maharmonymendes
IG- @rockingaroundclark