Chapter 3: A stranger

(Alex's POV ❤)

When I was about to knock the door Mrs. Melendez opened it, "Oh hi Mrs . Melendez I'm Alex the babysitter" I said politely "Hello Alex come in, so you're a very well recommended babysitter" I smiled at her when she said that "Oh look honey, the babysitter" she told her husband Mr.Melendez, he was a tall, gray hair man, probably in his early 40's "Well hello, I didn't catch your name" he said when I was just looking around my surroundings " My name is Aletxandria but I prefer Alex, nice to meet you Mr. Melendez" I shock his hand "Let me show you around Alex" She took me to the kitchen so I can see the contact list incase of any emergencies. "That the emergency list, we'll be at this restaurant and here's the phone so you can contact us with, oh and help yourself with some food, I remember babysitting, food is the best part" we both giggled when she said that "Is there anything else honey that we're forgetting ?" She asked her husband "Um the kids ?" I asked "You shouldn't worry, they have been sick these past days and they are knocked out by now in bed" She said "Uh my-" she got cut off when her husband gave her purse to her, "thank you honey, Oh I almost forgot, we have a security alarm system, I'll write the code down for you" She wrote the code down to a notepad she has by the door, "Well call me if you need anything, we might come back around 12 if we go watch a movie, it's more likely that we are so well be back at 12" She told me "Have fun you two" I said and waved goodbye. I walked into the living room, damn this house is beautiful! It even had a glass room with a pond and fishes and birds, it was just gorgeous. "My dad should have been a doctor" I thought to myself. I was sitting down reading my favorite book 'The lovely bones' I love it but I don't like the guy who killed the girl it was just ugh. While I was reading the phone rang "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Melendez recidence?" I answered all I heard was heavy breathing and then they hung up, I sat back down and continued reading. Later on like around 8 the phone rang again but this time it was a man who spoke, "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Melendez recidence?" I answered "Is this Mr. Melendez?" He asked "No they-" they hanged up again. I was looking around the house when I found this big room, it was of course their bedroom, I was having too much fun when I got in the room the lights turned on by themselves and when I steeped out they turned off, I enter their bathroom and it was bigger than my room, I was playing around with her necklaces when I heard some footsteps, I ran back to the living room leaving everything where it was, once I got there I called out "Mr. and Mrs. Melendez?" No answer. I sat there reading when the phone rang again, "Hello Mr. And Mrs. Melendez recidence? " I answered all I could hear was heavy breathing, they hanged up again. At this point I got really scared because they called 3 times now. I called the police but all they told me was"Don't worry Miss, it's probably dumb teenagers who trying to scare you" that calmed me down "Yeah I think that's it" I told him "but we can do something if you get him stay on the line for at least 1 minute, we can get the phone company to trace the call" he suggested "yes please do that" "I will sweetie, now don't worry there a lot of creeps out there, but they won't do nothing" he assured me "Okay thank you sir" I thanked him "you can call again if you need something just ask for Sheriff Torrez, I'll be here Miss" he assured me "Thank you very much, bye Sheriff" I hanged up.

I was just waiting for the stranger to call, He called again 15 minutes later "Hello?" I answered "Have you checked the children? " When he said that, I got so scared again, I checked the clock it counted 30 seconds, 30 more "Wait wha-" he hanged up "Shit" I said under my breath I went to the kids room, they were still sleeping, a big relief. I walked down the stairs and the phone rang again, "Hello?" I asked, all I heard was heavy breathing until they finally spoke up "How were the children?" I was so scared that I dropped my phone, I called the sheriff again "Hello sheri-" I cut him off "He's out there, he can see me" I tried hard not to cry "calm down miss, did you keep him on the phone for 1 minute ?" He asked "No he hanged up, he only last for 30 seconds" I explained "Gina" I said looking at the car parked outside "whos that mam?" He asked me confused "The maid she's still in the house" I said to him "there, find her okay" I made an agreement to him that I will call the Melendez. I tried to call but it sent me straight to voicemail I saw that the guest house light was on "Tim is home" Tim is The Melendez' son from college, I decided to call him but he didn't answer, then I decided to go to his little guesthouse where I saw the light on, It was so windy out so I ran there. When I got there no one was home, the phone rang and I left it for voicemail and I heard the heavy breathing again, finally this time it lasted more than a minute but then I realize it was a different phone line, I ran back to the house making the alarm go off, I turned it off and I heard a shower on, walking up the steps the phone rang. "Hello?" The heavy breathing continued "Please say something, if it a joke please stop" I said entering what it looked like Gina's room, the shower was on so I walked in and it was dark "Please stop calling me! What do you want from me?" I yelled on the phone "Your blood all over me" I hanged up disgusted ewww, I uncover the shower curtain and no one was there, the phone rang again "Stop calling me you frea-" "Miss it's Sheriff Torrez the call is coming from inside the house, don't pan-" I dropped the phone, and freezed, a phone from behind me began to ring, when I turned around I saw Gina dead in the ground, I screamed and ran out of the room, trying to catch my breath.

~sorry I didn't update it yesturday:/ I will update more chapters today I promise :) love you guys and please follow and vote❤