𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐩

Start from the beginning

Khushi was shaken to the core listening to her father. Her heart jumped at once and started to beat loudly. Tears gathered in her eyes and her lips trembled when she heard the harsh voice of her so-called mother. "What the hell, Shashi ji"? Garima screamed, but closed her mouth when he glared at her.

Khushi shook her head with vehemence. She couldn't go through with it? How could she? It meant she was supposed to be an alternate. No...no. How could she take her sister's place?

"No babuji no. I mean, how could you think like that? I... I... I can never, babuji"! She was shaken up. Marrying him would have been bliss if he loved HER, but its not like that. That would be fraud. And more than anything, he loved Sheetal. She couldn't be selfish. No.

She was on her way out, her babuji stopped her and folded her hand in front of her. She shook her head and wrapped her hand on his, "bitiya, you trust me, right? Until today, I had never asked anything, but today I beg of you bitiya! It was a matter of our family and more importantly, it's about MY reputation. Please, bitiya, at least think once before denying". He tried his best to persuade her. He knew he was forcing her, but it's for the best.

"B...bu...but babuji, it's Sheetal's place. And Arn... Arnavji also loved her. They'd never accept me. That would be cheating, babuji". Her voice got muffled.

"She left her place on her own. No one forced her beta. And as for Arnav, everything would be fine with time. Please bitiya, Gupta family's reputation was in your hands today". His voice choked.

Khushi found herself in a quandary. Her heart started racing like crazy. What she had in mind for herself and what was about to happen? And Garima? She looked at her and shivered. She was giving her a scathing look.

Khushi closed her eyes in despair. After sometime, opened her eyes and stared at her father's helpless face. She finally agreed to do what her father decided for her, making her father delighted.

Seeing Khushi's acceptance, Garima's blood boiled and said, "No, nobody could take my daughter's place, let alone this orphan. I would not allow her to replace my Sheetal".

Shashi screamed, "OUTTTT!!! I said, Out'' but she stood there stubbornly. Shashi blessed his daughter, ignoring his wife's furious form. After some time, he came out happy with a growling Garima behind him. What he didn't notice that Garima didn't follow him, but walked back into Khushi's room again.

She looked at her and said, "I've no choice now, so I'm letting you take Sheetal's place. But remember! You are merely a substitute bride, nothing else. So, don't fly high. Don't forget, Arnav loved my daughter Sheetal, not you. He could never accept you. Now, get ready quickly, we have to go down".

She was about to leave but came back again, "you were only a substitute for my daughter, not the real bride. You would have to give back her life as soon as she comes back. You would live your life as my daughter's substitute, not as the real Mrs. ASR. Don't you dare forget that? If not, you would have to face the consequences" and left the room, leaving a broken Khushi behind.

After some hours, she became Khushi Singh Raizada. ASR's Substitute Bride. Garima reminded her the same thing again while giving blessings.

On her way back to Delhi, she was scared. Her heart pounded with nervousness. What would she do when they took that veil off? How did Arnav and Raizada react to the treachery? But she was shocked when Arnav presented her as Mrs. ASR. For a brief moment, she was happy, but Garima's words started to swirl through her mind again. She wasn't able to handle the stress and passed out.

Flashback Ends

Now, she was sitting here on the floor like a broken doll with no clue what to do or more precisely say. She was just waiting for Arnav and his family to come and throw her out of the house.