10.

Charlotte's P.O.V.

I woke up with genuinely happy smile on my face: Elodie is sleeping soundly in my arms, being snuggled into me while holding her plush unicorn. I gently tucked a strand of her chocolate brown hair behind her ear and her caramel-brown eyes immediately opened. 

"Good morning, honey."- I said warmly, my heart skipping a beat as she hugged me tightly, smiling brightly.

"Good morning, Lottie."- chirped Elodie and I kissed her cheek. 

"Have you been awake for a long time, beautiful?"- I wondered and she shook her pretty head, nuzzling into me more. 

"How do you feel, angel? Is everything alright?"- I asked in care, lovingly stroking her back. 

"I am tired, but it isn't so parching anymore and my belly doesn't hurt."- replied cheerfully Elodie and I smiled, being so glad that she feels better. 

We cuddled for some more before getting up. I brushed my teeth by her side as we played around, laughed and enjoyed marvellous talks about wholesome nothings. Then I helped her to get ready for the day and pack a little bag for the stay with me. 

Elodie wore white, flowy dress and white trainers by Prada. Then I brushed her velvety, shiny, voluminous, naturally way hair and styled it in a high ponytail with small strands out, wrapping one strand of her rich brown hair around the hair tie. 

"Will you colour with me later, please, Lottie?"- asked sweetly Elodie, holding a colouring book in her small hands. 

"Absolutely, sugar bear."- I replied contentedly, giggling as she dashed in my arms. 

I picked her tiny self up in my arms and hugged her lovingly, peppering her angelic face with gentle kisses as she giggled, holding me close to herself. 

"I love it when you call me sugar bear."- she said winsomely, giving me butterflies. 

"I love calling you one."- I responded warmly and kissed her forehead tenderly.

Honestly, it is crazy how quickly my heart became so fond of this little sunshine. In such short period of time we became unutterably close and I love her far more than I can possibly describe. I adore this little girl, as if she is my own daughter. 

Elodie told me what she dreamt of while I fixed my appearance, using my makeup bag and mini toiletry bag, which I carry everywhere. Once I was fine with how I look, I wore back my sneakers, keeping Aidan's hoodie on myself: it looks like a very oversized dress on me. 

"Will you wear Prada too, Lottie?"- wondered Elodie as I took her small Prada backpack and my Gucci bag before we headed downstairs.

"Sure, sweetheart."- I answered softly, holding her tiny hand as she walked down the stairs, which are a bit too high for her to walk down on her own. 

Shortly we were on the ground floor and exchanged hellos with Jessica and James, who are drinking coffee on the terrace. 

"You two are just in time for breakfast, dearest."- stated warmly Jessica with a smile, sitting me down as Elodie relocated on my lap. 

"What's for breakfast, grandpa?"- wondered little sunshine, nuzzling into me as I hugged her, gladly letting her stay on my lap. 

"Pancakes, pumpkin."- replied James, smiling, and she pouted. 

"What's wrong, beautiful?"- I asked in worry, putting down my cup of tea to grant her all of my attention as she clung to me, hiding her comely face in my neck.