Chapter 33

Friday. 7:38. It was a cold morning. Ryujin and Lia was in sleep. Yeji woke up and was baking the bread in kitchen. She prepared some jams and made a warm milk tea as well.

Yeji sat on the sofa in uniform and put on the necktie which had red and white stripe. She browsed through the news on smartphone and enjoyed her light breakfast.

"Several Explosions at Border. Anti fired at a 170-strong company. Gov refuses to admit"

Yeji read the whole reports and recalled what she sent out that night. The info matched most of the content she remembered. It feels like you push a button on your table, and then a building in real world collapses the next second.

At school, before the first class, she met Yuna on the soccer field. She just finished the training and was about to take a break.

"Was it cold?" Yeji asked. Yuna only wore a long sleeves top.
"Nope. Can I walk you to the classroom?"

Yuna put the face towels over her neck and carried the backpack on right shoulder. She held the soccer in hand.

"Why Ryujin is clingy for a past few days? She sends texts almost every minute! I feel my next detention close " Yuna said.
"Oh, she um, she stays home before going back to hospital for double check" Yeji said.

Yuna nodded. No wonder she kept receiving texts in class! But at the same time, she was relieved. Ryujin is safe and can spend more time on her.

"How about your talk with Ryujin?" Yeji asked.
"Good! I call her Ryujin now. She promises me she'll be careful and try to think of herself more. That's all I want" Yuna said and her cheeks raised.

They made a breakthrough. And she got the words from Ryujin, which comforted her and made her feel less worried

"Look, I put another fingernail in blue~" Yuna showed Yeji her the right hand.
"There is an oil painting competition. I wanna take on the challenge. I can paint at school"
"What you gonna paint?" Yeji asked.

Yuna couldn't help but grinned. She took out a sketchbook from the bag and showed it to Yeji.
"Old town"

They arrived at Yeji's classroom at fifth floor. From here, they could see part of old town. Yuna looked and couldn't take her eyes off it.
"See you at lunch?"
"Sure!" Yuna waved her goodbye.

/

At night, they had dinner at apartment. They had rice and Korean miso soup cooked with tofu, veggies and pork. They listened to the radio and Lia thought of something she saw at school.

"I saw it at the office of student association. They were busy making new flyers. All the copy machine were occupied"

Ryujin seemed calm and put a spoonful of rice into her mouth. Yeji asked her what are they for.

"I have one in my backpack" she stood up and walked into the bedroom to find the flyer. She handed it to Yeji.

Want You!! We Declare War On New Town.

"Oh, we become the next target huh" Yeji looked at the flyer and said. She wasn't even a little bit worried. But Lia did.
"No it can't be! That's your home. Your friends and family are there" Lia said in concern.

They looked at Ryujin. She put her both hands up and surrendered.

"Okay, I know you will ask me" she said.
"Honestly, it's a prank. They want the gov to stop sending soldiers here and put their men in new town"
"So they won't bomb any building there?" Lia wanted a double check.
"I'm pretty sure, sweetie" Ryujin said.