Chapter 10

Yeji's POV

I couldn't wait to meet Lia again. I got up way earlier before my alarm clock rang. I didn't wanna waste any second on sleeping. The sky was still dim, I saw it from the balcony.

For days, we could only see each other through the wall, but we no longer had to. Lia opened her little world to me. I wanna open mine too!

We could go to the mall, amusement park or my apartment. But, somehow, she couldn't climb over the wall. Even though it was much lower for me, it was still high for Lia

/

I met Lia at a bus stop near our secret place. She put on the earrings I gave her. So beautiful. And a pair of boots I haven't seen her wearing. It looked cool on her.

"How about we take the streetcar today?"
I nodded. The weather was nice. Cloudless and hot. Summer.

On the streetcar, it wasn't crowded. We both found the seats. It took us from this street to another. I felt carefree sitting on it, with Lia telling me things I didn't know.

I liked her smile. her eyes smiled too. I hope I could meet her in the new town, sooner the better.

For our first stop, we got off at a crossroad. oh, a friendly reminder, remember to buy the one-day ticket for streetcars, which is a good deal.

We went to a bakery for brunch. Even though I got up before the sun came out, Lia slept until nine. I called her twice. We missed the breakfast, so we had brunch now.

Sitting in the bakery with air conditioner on was so good. If you stay outside, you either got melted or be heated like popcorn.

We ordered croissant, bagels, some biscuits and two cups of tea. The waiter also brought us milk to add in the tea. They all tasted good.

"Do you come here to have breakfast on school days?"
"Just on weekends. There will be a few food trucks selling breakfast on my way to school" She took a bite of bagels and mumbled.
"When your first class starts??"
"Nine"

Please get me transferred! I don't wanna take the bus in early morning anymore. Who started the first class at Eight?

Though, I had lots of fun practicing soccer between seven and eight. Summer morning was cool and when the winter came, it made me shiver. I wished time could be frozen there.

We stayed there for an hour. Then, we walked out and was greeted by the scorching sun. We both agreed we shouldn't stay outside, so we went to a karaoke by streetcar.

The space on streetcar got crowded now, so we both stood on the aisle.
"I never went to a place like that" Lia said
"Even before you came to old town?"
She shook her head.
"You're gonna love it"

And yes, she loved it. She slayed all the songs.
I chose How Far I'll Go and Let It Go, which I sang with Yuna before.

"Why you both choose the songs of Disney?" Lia made a are you a kid face.
"It's classic!"

Lia picked the songs by Ariana Grande and Julia Michaels for the most part. I was so into her voice when she sang Issues and Honeymoon Avenue.

We also sang the whole Icy album of ITZY. The group name sounded so familiar. The lyrics just popped up in my head.

At the end, we wrapped up the two hours happy time by singing I Know What You Did Last Summer.

When we came out, the sun was above my head. I put on the sunglasses for sudden exposure to sunlight. We walked along the street and thought about what to do next. I didn't want a day to end so fast.