Chapter 28

Friday. In the afternoon, Yeji waited at Lia's school. It was two days after the lockdown. Students came back to school and people were out on the streets again.

    They walked on the streets and noticed that old town stayed mostly the same. They took bus to a shop called Alice's daydream. Lia heard a girl talk about it when she had lunch with them.

    "She said they have milk tea, pastries, cakes and biscuits" Lia said and they walked down the street from the bus stop.

    Streetcars passed by them and there was no more police at the crossroads. But they noticed that some stores had black banner outside.

    Freedom Has Died. Don't Fool The People.

    On their way to the dessert shop, they had seen at least ten banners. Lia also saw the former city flag be put on the streetlights. It reminded her something.

    "I found a novel and a few flyers in the drawer at school yesterday" Lia said.
    "No way. You mean the one we saw at the train yard??" Yeji asked and Lia nodded.
    "Seems like they won't give gov extra time"
    "It's getting more interesting huh" Yeji smiled.
    "Oh no, you sound like Ryujin"

    They turned at a sidewalk and walked in a smaller street. The sign of the shop could be seen from here. Lia held Yeji's hand and said in a serious tone.

    "Anti sounds scary but they will help us tear down the wall. I think we should do something for them"
    "Yeah, if they make it, we can hang out at the new town then" Yeji beamed at her.

    The idea of going to new town with Yeji always made Lia feel excited. She had been dreaming about it for so long. She even thought the day wouldn't be far away. Perhaps it would be next month or next week! They should probably start drawing a map about where to go in new town.

    They arrived at the dessert shop. It had many potted plants outside. Yeji opened the door and the wind chimes clang.

    The sunset came half an hour before it was in summer. When they walked in the shop, the sun had dropped behind hills. The sky look like the mix of dark purple and red.

    They enjoyed the hot milk tea and tasty crepe cakes. Lia bought a bag of biscuits for dad. They didn't leave until eight.

    On the bus to home, Yeji got a text from Yuna. Yuna said she was free this weekend and wanted to play PS4 at Yeji's place.

    "Babe, can I stay at new town this weekend? Yuna wanna come to my place" Yeji asked.

    Lia nodded and rested her head on Yeji's left shoulder. There was five stops left before they got home. Friday night was often busier and more crowded than before.

/

Saturday morning. Yeji got up early and started cleaning the apartment. She hadn't been here for days. She slept at Lia's place nearly every night.

She used the vacuum cleaner, making a lot noise. Her little sister studied in the bedroom and popped her head out when she heard the noise.

"Yeddeong?" She said. She was three years younger than Yeji.
"did I wake you up?" She shook her head.
"Nope. I got up at six. I'm studying for the high school entrance exam" She walked out and plopped down on the sofa.

"wanna have some breakfast? I can cook and make some hot drinks" Yeji leaned her body on the vacuum cleaner and said.
"You haven't been home for a while. What brings you here?" She asked.
"Yuna said she wanna come to apartment and play PS4. I haven't met her outside the school lately, so"
"You stay with Lia, right?" Her little sister said.
"Yeah, sorry, I leave you two here" Yeji sat beside her. Yeji told her before that she had a girlfriend in old town. She thought it's cool too and wanted Yeji to tell more about Lia.