Chapter 25

"I still have the wounds on me?" Lia asked.

She actually knew it but often time she forgot it. She was happy in most of the time and that kinda covered the fact that Lia was hurt before. She wouldn't be aware of it until things got tough.

"I don't wanna remind you that, but you do have wounds. Maybe what happened between you and Yeji is a sign. You got hurt and that affects you" Ryujin said.

She haven't done this before with Lia. They often talked about idols, food and songs. This kind of conversation was actually only between she and Yeji.

"I know. I forgot it for a while" Lia said
"Yeah, but it doesn't mean anything bad. My point is, you have wounds, so you got hurt when every time you touch it" Ryujin said.

"But why do I get hurt so easily. I mean, those memories keep flashing pass my mind. I can't stop it" Lia said and the voice became tiny.
"I guess it's different on people. Like me, I can let the memories go or simply ignore it"
"You make me envy" Lia buried her head into her knees.

"Maybe, but it doesn't change the fact that you can be happy again in the future"
"Can I?" It was her first time looking at Ryujin after they came back to apartment.
"You will" Ryujin gave her a bright smile and looked at Lia's puffy eyes. She looked better now.

"But I don't wanna be thrown back to memories. When something happen, they remind me of that. Like last week, I cried like a kid in Yeji's arms" Lia said.
"You don't like to be hugged by Yeji?" Ryujin teased her.
"No, I just wonder when it will get better. Not to be hurt like that and not to feel so painful"

"You have us~The best thing about us is that you don't have to deal with it alone. It may let you feel less painful if you have someone to talk to" Ryujin cringed inside when she said this.
"Thanks" Lia said and hugged Ryujin.
"Of course" Ryujin thought it was the end of the sad night. Lia finally had a light smile now.

Lia went to bed after a shower. It had been a tough night for her. Ryujin played games on her laptop and waited for Yeji. She yawned and put a ball lollipop in mouth. A girl texted her on the phone.

Knock knock. Yeji came and Ryujin was about to sleep. She thanked Ryujin and walked into the bedroom. She lay down beside Lia and looked at her back. She felt sorry not to be there when Lia needed help.

At midnight, Lia turned and saw Yeji on the bed. Yeji woke up too. I guess she just closed her eyes but didn't really take a break. Lia snuggled close to her.

"Sorry, I didn't come to you" Yeji whispered and looked at her eyes.
"That's ok. You're here. I feel less painful now" Lia said.
"Yeah" she caressed Lia's hair.
"Can we skip classes tomorrow? I wanna stay here" Lia said.
"Okay. We stay here" Yeji said and Lia went to sleep again.

/

The next day, Ryujin went out before they got up. Yeji and Lia stayed at the apartment for the whole day. Lia was calmer than last night but she still felt downhearted.

Lia said she felt like an orphan now. Her mom and dad didn't love her. They didn't wanna see her anymore. She never thought she would be like this in the end. Was it because of her?

"It's not your fault. You're a kind, loving girl. You didn't do anything wrong" Yeji said and comforted Lia.
"But what if? Mom said nothing and dad didn't wanna talk about it. They, they make this thing so hard to understand" Lia said and buried her head into knees like last night.

Yeji wanted her to feel better but it seemed not likely now. Lia may need something. Yeji thought and said.

"A closure. that's what you may need"
"What's that?" Lia said and looked at Yeji.
"I guess it could be the end of your sadness. Something that can explain all the feelings you have got. It makes you feel better"