Chapter 31

The cold wave had gone after the weekend. The temperature was slowly back to twenty. The clouds went away and it had a bright sky today.

Yeji sat in the classroom. With cool breeze and sunlight coming through the huge windows, she dozed off in every morning class. She either rested her head on the desk or leaned her head against the frame of window.

Let her get some sleep, guys. She stayed at the hospital all day long yesterday. Ryujin needed someone to look after her, the doctor said. Lia took care of her today, so she didn't go to school.

In the afternoon, Yeji yawned and walked across the soccer field. She had a feeling that someone should show up today. Never mind. She needed to call Lia first.

"Where are you?"
"A street in front of the hospital. I'm waiting for fish soup. I need to buy an ointment at drug store too. Her ankles swell" Lia said.
"Feels like we're taking care of a kid huh" Yeji said.
"She is! And she is not going anywhere now" Yeji chuckled.
"See you later?"
"Okay" Lia ended the call.

/

Tuesday.

Ryujin's friends came to see her. One of them got thrown out through the window at that night. Bandages covered his upper body. They stayed with Ryujin and let Lia and Yeji go to school.

In the morning, while Yeji and Chaeryeong were walking through the hallway, Yuna blocked their way and pulled Yeji aside.

"See you at the lab" Yeji said and was pulled away by Yuna.

They walked to the corner where there were less students. Yuna panted. She ran all the way from another building to here.

"Why is Ryujin at the hospital?? Is she okay, Yeji? Is she"
"Hey, Yuna, she is alright. She is taken care by her friends now"

She grabbed Yeji's shoulders. Yuna couldn't go and see Ryujin in the old town, which worried her. Yeji told Yuna everything she wanna know.

"She didn't tell me that much. She kept telling me not to worry" Yuna said.
"She doesn't want anyone to worry. You may be the last person she wants to feel it. She knows you'll be like this if she tell you everything"
"She really thinks this way?" Yuna asked.
"Two hundred percent sure"

"I hate this wall. I can't go to see Ryujin when she needs me" Yuna pouted.
"You sure? A few months ago a kid told me not to talk to Lia and thought that I"

Yeji always teased her with that. Yuna covered Yeji's mouth and tickled her. Yeji took her hands down and looked at the fingernails. She got six fingernails coloured in blue now. Yuna beamed.

"I finish a ten hours painting at home. It feels so good! But I got scolded by mom, which only made me wanna be more rebellious"
"Can't imagine another Ryujin standing in front of me..." Yeji put on a can't believe it face.

Yuna looked at her fingers. But her smile turned into a weak one. She played with her hair and asked.

"Ryujin changed her hair colour, right?"
"She told you? I was surprised too when I saw it. She said it is"
"Ryujin knows I like her blonde hair. I thought she would keep it for me. She didn't tell me she changed it! I found it when she sent me a picture of her new earrings"

Yeji kind of understood what Yuna wanna say.

"You think she doesn't care about you?"
"She cares! but maybe I'm not that important. And, she changed it for the anti stuff right? She gets hurt this time. What if she gets hurt next time? She is not careful" Yuna said and became emotional.