Chapter 7

The week after the weekend flew quickly like a shooting star. So fast that you couldn't take a good look at it. It disappeared before you could catch it.

Yeji thought exactly this way. Probably other soccer players shared the same feeling. Their skills were unable to catch up with the training and the sudden rise in the intensity was hard.

They all got exhausted, sore in limbs. But, after the training, they regained the energy, especially those in first grade.

    "Come on~We will win at least five games" Yuna always said.

    For Yeji, it was a bad sign before the game. She couldn't imagine what would happen in the games if they went there in this state. And she felt a strange feeling when she heard other people saying they still have chances.

    Something like that sank Yeji's heart. She couldn't describe what it was, very abstract.

    For Lia, this week felt like a person walking in the stream. Slow enough and the time seemed to be stuck in there. She still went to see Yeji after school, but every time they met, they only got a few minutes to talk.

She passed some cool drink to Yeji, brought her some snacks and cheered her up. Yeji seemed a bit worried, Lia found. It was subtle because she always gave Lia bright smile even though clouds were in her heart.

    In this week, they only had two very short chat on the phone at night. So, for other nights when Yeji wasn't there, Lia felt like a Christmas tree without light bulbs.

    The night felt much longer. She had other classmates, but they weren't close. And if she went to Jessica's place, most of the time it was Jessica talking nonstop.

    Lonely.

    She felt this before. But now, with a friend so close, she still felt it. Lia lay on the bed, trying to figure it out. The only reason she got was that they had a special connection. A friendship.

/

Monday came. It was time that they set off. Their first game was on Tuesday. The departure time for the airplane was 11:30 and it would land three hours later. Chae was as busy as an ant in rainy day now. She was the general manager of the team.

    "Nonono. It's gate E5"
    "Where is Stella? Can someone call her?"
    "You put the baggage on the bus?"
    "Yeji are you okay?!"

    Even I could tell Yeji was not okay.
    "You look pale. anxiety before the flight?"
    She nodded, like a scared kitten.

    Yeji walked away and tried texting Lia. She may not answer because she was at the school now.
    10:45 I'm at the airport
    10:55 Lia..I am freaking out quq
    10:56 I know lol

    "Take a deep breath. Think of other happy things~" Lia called her right away.
    "Feel better?"
    "Keep talking to me pls" Yeji sounded weak
    "Ok" Lia said.

    Lia talked to her until Yeji found her seat on the airplane. Chloe sat next to her. She was the one who would take care of Yeji when she fainted.

    "You good??"
    "Yeah, I'm fine" Yeji said. She took a loot at others. Most of the passengers were still standing and the fly attendants walked on the aisle.

    After talking to Lia, she felt more relieved now. Yeji looked out through the little window. The plane started to taxi. Passengers became quiet. Soon, they came to the final stop before take off.

    Full power. The engines pushed the airplane forward. The windows trembled and Yeji sank back into the seat. Her eyes closed.

    The wheels left the ground and airplane started climbing. Yeji opened her eyes. She was stunned by the view. The city was leaving her and became tiny. She was among the white clouds later.