Chapter 32

Ryujin was grounded before she went back to hospital again. But it would be too harsh on her if she had to stay there alone, so Lia and Yeji went to apartment every day. They stayed overnight and had dinner together. Sometimes they cooked and sometimes they ordered delivery.

Though, Ryujin wasn't completely grounded. She could ride her e-scooter in neighbourhood. She found it comfy to ride in the afternoon. The wind wasn't as strong as night and she met a few new friends as well.

Ryujin also found it relaxing to not worry about Anti. It felt like skipping classes or taking a vacation to an island. She took a break and regained peace in mind, which wasn't so bad.

Tuesday. Lia had a PE class in the morning. It should be a dry week but there was drizzle today. She had planned to play tennis with friends. They sat at the bench and talked about stuff.

"Lia, do you have basement at home?" one girl asked.
"No, my house is small. Why you're interested about it?"
"They said gov bans the use of basements. They will send police to check at home. I have one. I'll be visited by boys in blue soon" they chuckled.

"But why they do this?" Lia asked.
"They caught a few men with pistols and drugs in a basement. Gov probably thought they were Anti. What a galaxy brain" a boy lying on the bench answered Lia.

"But they don't take drugs. I know a friend. He said taking drugs only make them weak"
"Cool~You have a friend in Anti. Tell us about it" a girl said.

Lia told them part of it. She thought the stories about her adventures with Yeji should be kept as secret. It made her feel special. She went to so many places hidden in the corners of old town. She kinda looked forward to the new one.

In the afternoon, Yeji texted her that she isn't coming to old town today. She would have dinner with friends at an Italian restaurant.

5:19 I'll take pictures to make you envy~

When Yeji returned to new town, she often took pictures for Lia. Sometimes it was her selfie and sometimes the objects would be buildings, streets view and people. But nothing was better than seeing them with Lia's own eyes.

Since Yeji couldn't come, Lia took a bus to the apartment after school. Ryujin was home and she listened to songs on earphones. The volume was louder than the doorbell. Lia had to text her to open the door.

"Hey, you alone? Where is Yeji?"
"She has dinner with friends in new town" Lia said and plopped down on the sofa.

It took her ten more minutes to get here. There were a few demonstrations on the streets. The bus had to avoid them and chose a longer route. She nearly dozed off on the bus.

"Sounds like you're tired. How about we eat out. I know a place nearby selling rice in soup" Ryujin said and put on a jacket.
"I can barely keep my eyes open, Ryujin" Lia stretched on the sofa and mumbled.
"Hot soup wakes you up. I can carry you on my back" Ryujin said.

Then, Lia let Ryujin carried her out. The shop was a stone throw from apartment. They could go there on foot. They walked on a street between old houses. The ground was made of cobblestone. Streetlights greeted them with mellow beam.

Lia slept on her back and Ryujin put the jacket on her. Carrying Lia hurt her arm but you know, Ryujin style.

They ordered two bowls and some side dishes. Lia looked more lively after eating some soup. She felt her body warm too.

They went out the shop and into the cold night. Lia walked beside Ryujin. She knew a short cut to town centre.

"We rarely hang out like this" Lia said. The moisture in her breath turned into smoke and disappeared.
"Oh? You mean going on a date with me?"
"Whatever you call it" Lia smiled and walked beside Ryujin.
"I'm available all the time. We can do this more often. Taking a stroll on the streets, having a little chat"