There was a small stretch of straight before you hit turn nine where track limits came into play. Emilia kept well within them at the penultimate corner and within them again in the final corner after which she accelerated down the straight completing her lap.

"Good lap. Faster than George." John praised.

"Oh nice." Emilia was surprised that she was quicker than her teammate even if it was only practice. She did another run and the battle between her and George was getting good.

As her fuel load went down, her lap time improved. Although, the tyre wear going up didn't help her lap times. She pitted and switched for a set of mediums which she did a longer run on. After that, Emilia went back onto the softs and did some more qualifying simulations as the team had enough race pace data.

Emilia finished the session P6 with George two tenths behind her at P7. He had come in earlier than she had and wandered over to her side of the garage as she was getting out the car. George waited while Emilia weighed herself.

"Have you come over to tell me where you're going to find these two tenths?" Emilia teased. She probably shouldn't wind George up but she couldn't miss this opportunity.

"I was actually going to congratulate you on beating me." George answered ruffling his hair. "Okay no I wasn't. I'm thinking changing lines for turn three and see if I gain any time there."

"Sorry I didn't quite catch that; did you just say I'm right?" Emilia questioned with a smug grin as they exited the garage.

"I am considering changing lines. I am willing to admit that you are possibly right in this case." George sighed. Emilia clapped her hands gleefully.

"You want to go and get lunch?" Emilia asked.

"As long as you don't rub it in the whole time we're eating." George responded.

"I won't." Emilia promised.

On the way back to her garage, Emilia encountered Lando. She had time to stop and chat and he was by himself.

"Hey." Emilia greeted adjusting her sunglasses.

"I've missed you." Lando replied. He put his hand over his mouth so no one could work out what they were saying because there were a lot of cameras in the paddock.

"Can we do something tonight?" Emilia requested. She and Lando hadn't done anything properly since before France and she missed him.

"Yeah, I have something in mind. Bring trainers." Lando instructed. "Oh and there's a back door behind the McLaren building and if you go up the stairs and take a left my driver room should be there. Come find me after quali."

"I will. Good luck." Emilia patted Lando on the shoulder and wished she could do more but he didn't want to yet.

"You're going to do amazing. I hope not as amazing as me though because I need a good quali." Lando responded.

"No chance babe." Emilia grinned as she went in the other direction to Lando.

Emilia flew through Q1 and was fifth in the timings. She did an impressive 1:04.6. George was not far behind her but it gave her hope that she could outqualify him. Track limits were becoming a problem for other teams. Neither Williams drivers had gotten a lap time deleted as of yet.

"We'll send you out early so you can have an empty track." John informed. Williams liked to do things different. Usually, teams went out twice at the start and right at the end but Williams liked to go out when it meant they were the only ones out on track. They could do their laps uninterrupted and as stress free as you can get. It also gave them time to go again if they really needed it.