𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫.

Khalil Lerron Whipps
Detroit Michigan

"man dad....somethin ain't right with mom." Khalil said as he stood staring at his fathers head stone.

𝗟𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗼𝗻 𝗬𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝗽𝗽𝘀
𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟮.

words that he stared at everyday, but they still hurt his heart everytime. his mother didn't want to put his fathers year of death on the headstone.

she felt it pointless because he would always be there, in there hearts and head.

Their father passed around the same time that Lamoni's parents did. when Elijah was only fourteen and Khalil thirteen.

Khalil visited his fathers grave daily. He was really the only one. The death of their father made Elijah mad, and their mother too sad.

they used to visit very frequently when they were kids their mother made them come and talk to him, express how they were feeling, what was going on in theirs lives.

he was the only one that kept it going. he came and told his father about his day everyday. he told him his suspicions, his worries and more.

"she don't call everyday how she usually does, when i went to see her she wasn't herself. she seemed like she was trying to but something's off." he began.

"she seems sad. I don't wanna push her on it tho." he said.

unlike Elijah, Khalil didn't deal with the same Mental health issues that him and his father did.

he was like his mother. almost always in good spirits, he cared about how other around him felt.

he was really the light of the party. he always tried to find a way to make everybody around him smile, or laugh.

but he never picked on his brother for his issues. he always tried to find a way to deal with it and help him through it.

if his brother was in a bad mood he would find ways to bring him back to his normal self. weather that be to play the game, mess with him, or say stupid things,

Khalil always found a way. his heart was huge but that didn't mean he was always nice.

he may not of gotten the disorders, he got his father temper. that's why he always tried to stay happy, cause when he got mad, he got really mad.

"i think it has something to do with you. and when she gets like this you know it takes a while to get her back to her."

"I don't know, i just wanna help her." He said putting his hands into his pockets.

after a while longer of talking to his dad Khalil went home.

on his way in the door he opened his closet seeing his cap and gown. he let out a deep sigh.

he graduated around the same time Moni did, but he didn't go to the graduation. He simply just asked for his diploma.

in his eyes if both his parents couldn't be at his graduation, to see him celebrate a big accomplishment.