𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘.

Layla Jamia Rockford
Detroit Michigan

"whatchu doin here? how you know where we was?" Layla asked seeing Myzell at her front door.

"i wanna talk." he said as he stood there with his hands in his front pockets. My myzell was nervous.

he didn't really know what to say to fix this, he was hoping the words would just come to him.

"how you know where we was?" She asked again since he disregarded her question the first time.

"i asked yo moms." he said.

she just stood there looking. "so you gon let me in?" he said with pleading eyes.

layla just walked away leaving the door open. she went to pick mariah up from her bassinet before sitting in the couch.

"like yo furniture." Myzell said trying to ease his way into a conversation. The whole interior of Layla's apartment was white and red.

white couches with red carpets, red picture frames etc..

Layla just nodded hoping he would get to the point.

"look i know i fucked up." he started. "mhm you did." Layla retorted.

she was mad at him, mad that he didn't call, text or even try to get in touch with her.

"i know i was actin like a like ass boy. I wanna be in my daughters life, help out wit her be there fa her." he said

"so why wasn't you? You literally rarely helped me when i stayed with you." she said rocking Mariah.

"why did you leave?" he asked getting defensive. he knew it wasn't laylas fault but he didn't understand why she left.

they had been living together since the beginning of the pregnancy. and she just left and got her own shit.

"because i'd rather be alone with my daughter than feel alone with my daughter." she said blankly.

"i know i wasn't the best at juggling handling them niggas and being there for y'all but now all my time, all my energy is in yall i promise Layla." he said genuinely.

"how do I know I'm not gonna be doing this alone again? how do i know that you gon be there the second time." she said.

"you gon have to trust me." he said.

"we can try.....i don't want to be doing this shit alone again. We BOTH made her so I shouldn't be the only one taking care of her." she said looking him in his eyes.

"i promise." he said before smiling, he had his family back and that made him feel good.

"but we're not moving back in. we can try and be together, and parent her together but we can't move in together." she said causing him to instantly frown.

"we moved in together too fast anyway. do even lie. maybe over time that can work again but not right now." she said.

he just nodded. he didn't like the idea but baby steps.
-