𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘.

Lamoni K'lee Simons
Detroit Michigan

"What else do we need?" Lamoni asked herself as she and Leon strolled down aisle at the grocery store.

"oh yeah, duh." She said smacking her head before grabbing two things of Plastic utensils off the shelf.

"alright, now we can go." she said sighing before turning the cart around.

"finally." Leon said a he pouted as he glared at Moni. "don't do thatt..we needed food." she said as her voice raised a little.

trying to get out of the store she turned down a aisle closer to the registers.

stopping in her tracks Moni's hands became sweaty and her heart beat increased. He breathing hitched as she stared at him.

Devin.

he stood there looking at the spices. Leon's eyes were glued to the phone, he didn't see him.

Moni hurriedly turned the cart before speeding off in the opposite direction of him.

"I thought we was leaving." Leon questioned as they were going deeper into the store. "I know i realized that I needed to stock up on fruit." Moni came up with a quick lie.

"but you got fruit." Leon said picking up the strawberries from the basket.

"I know I decided to get more." Moni said speed walking towards the fruits aisle.

she walked over letting the cart go walking over to grab another container of strawberries.

she turned around bumping into a strong build. it was him.

she looked up making eye contact before looking down. "aw you thought I didn't see you?" Devin said as he began chuckling.

the scent of his breath filled her nostrils, the smell of pure alcohol. he hadn't changed.

"why you runnin? i didn't think we ended of on bad terms?" he said flashing her a grin. she hated him.

"i see you're pregnant. That's why you moved out?" he said looking at her bump.

Moni tried to cover her stomach and get her bump out of his view. "always knew you was fast. now you're out and you're pregnant...ironic." he said.

"i have to go. i have somewhere to be." Moni said trying to move around him.

he stepped in front of her blocking her view once again. "i said i have to go." she said moving around him again.

this time he didn't step back in front of her. she walked over to Leon seeing a girl maybe a little bit older than her talking to him.

"excuse me, can I help you ?" she said grabbing the cart moving it a little bit as she grabbed it.

"oh my bad, I was just telling him his shoes were adorable." she said with a smile referring to to small jordan ones.

"oh thank you." Moni said looking back to see if Devin was still there but he had already walked away, causing Moni to relax a little bit.