~Chapter- 12~

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
-Carl Sagan

Have you ever felt this burning thought at the back of your head telling you that this is not the ideal date at all?

That's how I am feeling right now!

That's what I am feeling right now as I sit in front of this guy. Samuel Michaels. Don't get me wrong he is a very handsome man, except he and I just don't click according to me. He doesn't seem to think so I guess because he is polite and jovial throughout.

Talking with him is enjoyable but I didn't feel like it. I am actually imagining Mr. Deluca sitting infront of me right now and that thought is disturbing me. It's not fair to this guy though. I hope he doesn't ask for a second date otherwise he has to meet with disappointment.

"Umm....so our dinner is also done and it's getting quite late......do you want to leave?" He asked and I sighed in releif. I resisted the urge to yawn as that would be impolite and nodded my head.

I am definitely getting back at Sofia for this. She uttered stupid things that I would be in the air. 

He was gentlemen enough to pay for the both of us even though I insisted I pay. In the end we just split up the bill.

As we walked out to his car in silence he asked me.

"You didn't enjoy the date right?" I am startled by his question and I looked at him sheepishly and he laughed nervously looking at me.

"I am so sorry that I gave you a bad experience. I am awkward mostly but then I liked you. Guess we just don't click huh?" he said awkwardly and I chuckled.

"Hey! It's fine! I mean yeah, we don't click but you are an interesting guy! I hope we could stay friends?" I said softly extending my hand and he shook on it smiling.

"Sure! I am again sorry though" he said and I just waved it off. Every person is different. We both are too and we didn't click. But I guess we have someone else written in our destiny.

"I'll drop you to your house then?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Oh no! I will get a taxi and will go to my diner once. I have some work there don't worry!" I said and he denied it instantly.

"Don't get a taxi! I'll drop you there" Samuel said instead.

"Your house is the other way and my diner is on the opposite way. It's really no big deal! I'll go there" I assured him and he reluctantly agreed.

I then ordered for a taxi and left for my diner. Another attempt at my date gone wrong. But then again why ponder on it? I think I made a good friend from that!

I reached my diner and saw that the light is on. I saw Benjamin's bike outside and figured he is still inside working. There are only a few customers as it is pretty late.