~Prologue~

They say that there is always that one person who will take your breath away, who will make you feel alive while taking your breath away, with whom you lose yourself, with whom you don't care about anything and just let free.

Here I am, standing under the heavy fall kissing that man who made me feel everything I haven't ever thought I would. The man who picked my broken pieces and put me back together only to break me all over again. And I convey the exact same thing through the kiss. Pain, anguish, hurt.....love. I let myself go and kiss him with everything I hold.

Gasping for air we pull away from each other. He rests his forehead on mine and breaths heavily pulling me more and more into him as if he is afraid if he loses his grip I will disappear into thin air. Which is correct because I have to......disappear for the sake of my heart.

No matter how much I want to just curl myself against the hard and warm contours of his chest, my safe haven, I had to go. For we were not meant to be. And I cannot endure anymore pain. So even though my body is fighting against my mind. I pull away with great difficulty.

"Goodbye" a breathless whisper stumbles it's way out of my mouth with tears flowing down my eyes. I look into his eyes to see the most painful sight. The man whose name alone shakes people with fear is here standing in front of me with his eyes bloodshot, filled with unshed tears as he shows his vulnerability to me. Vulnerability, he don't even know he has.

My heart breaks at the sight and that is why I turn around and walk away. Not once turning back for I know if I look into his eyes one more time, I won't have the strength to pull away anymore. So I walk away all while one thought running through my chaotic mind.....

Why us?

**********************************