Chapter 45

Read at your own risk!

IT'S a cloudy afternoon and I'm having a coffee with my twin sister. Pinapangaralan ako sa desisyon na pakikipag-kasal kay Nicholas.

"Are you really sure about this freaking idea of marrying a guy na hindi ka naman mahal?", another phrase from her na sumampal sa'kin.

"I don't care as long as I'm already with him", kunot-noong sambit ko sa kanya. 

"And one more thing, diba kakasabi mo lang na may girlfriend siya, that should be enough reason for you to stop this delusion", she said. I point my finger in front of her shushing her.

"Correction, 'boyfriend'. Si Tito Marlon na ang bahala sa boyfriend niya, I'm just gonna chill here, savouring every second with my future husband", I said as I sip on my latte.

"I can't believe you're really doing this for your own good, Caly", aniya. I can feel her guts feilling her whole body.

"Are you saying that I'm being selfish?", I can't even finish when she interrupted.

 "Yes, you're so selfish in this very moment, Caly. You've changed, what's even got into you?", she said with her worried tone.

Maybe I've changed.

"Cala, you don't understand. You know how much I wanted to be loved. You see, I'm tired of our everyday life, lagi nalang nag-aaway sila mom and dad. They don't even care about us, are we even they're children? They don't treat us like one, maliban nalang kung may somewhat called party with they're friends or co-workers. I hate it", I almost cry with what I said.

"You want to be loved? Look where were you now, mahal ka ba ni Nicholas? Tell me, Caly. Ginagawa mo ba talaga 'to para sa pagmamahal o gusto mo lang makawala sa kung ano mang gulo sangkot ang pamilya natin? You're being too desperate, Caly. I hate seeing you like this", she agonized. And I hate making her upset.

But there's something in me that's still insisting to marry that guy.

"I never fell in love, I'm on it now. Kung ayaw mo then don't try to stop", I asserted.

"Fine, if that's what you want. What else can I do about that? But I'm telling you, 'wag na'wag kang lalapit sa'kin at sasabihin mo na nagsisisi ka sa desisyon mo", her eyes widened as she screeched.

"Okay, wala kang maririnig sa'kin tungkol sa magiging buhay ko kasama si Nicholas", saad ko. She took a deep breathe as she slowly make her way out the cafe.

I'm sorry, Cala. Promise, I'm gonna be okay with him.

Kahit naman hindi kami pareho ng nararamdam ni Nicholas, I can say he still cares about me. I don't want to assume but I can see it in his eyes.

HE'S here making talk with his father. I wonder, why is he not with Caly though?

I was looking at him from upstair, I didn't  even expect him to look back after his dad leave.

A glimpse of smile appeared on his lips as he saw me. He ran towards my direction. I receive a tight from him.

"I missed you", he said as he caress my back.

"You shouldn't see me, Nico", I worried.

"Don't say that, you know how much I miss you", he pouted.

I slowly cupped his face as I kiss his pinkish lips. 

"Not gonna lie, I miss those lips", I said as i kissed him once more but more intense this time.