Chapter 103: The Belly of the Beast

Depuis le début

(Beohernie rises from the sand, tilting the rock Jay is on. Jay starts running, and turns to see Beohernie trying to eat him.) 

Jay: No, no, no! (The ninja are discussing what to do about the Inverter when they hear Jay cry out.) Ahhh!

Cole: Jay!

Jay: Help! Ahh! (The ninja make a chain with Crystal holding onto Jay's hand.)

Lloyd: Hang on, Jay!

Jay: Pull me in, pull me in!

Styx: What does it look like she's doing?!

Jay: Not pulling me in!

Nya: Could you guys be quiet for 2 seconds?!

Styx and Jay: No!

Jay: Just pull me in!

Crystal: (She tries to, but fails) I can't. He's too strong.

Kai: Cole, can you grab my shirt?

Cole: I think so. (Pulls Kai in slightly and grabs onto him.)

Kai: Take this! (Throws his Fire at Beohernie. Beohernie let goes of Jay and retreats. The ninja let go of eachother.)

Jay: (Gasps.) Did you see that? He just tried to eat me!

Styx: We all saw it Jay.

Lloyd: (Watches Beohernie leave.) We better keep off the sand.

Jay: (Sarcastically) Oh, really?! (Lloyd stares at him annoyed.)

(At nightfall, the ninja are sitting around a fire.)

Zane: I see only one option: The digestive system of a beetle is very slow. There is a good chance the Thermolytic Inverter is still intact inside Beohernie's stomach.

Jay: (Interrupts)Bernie.

Nya: What good does that do?

Zane: If one of us were to be ingested, we might be able to retrieve the device.

Cole: Ingested?

Crystal: He means eaten.

Kai: Uhh, are you kidding?

Zane: If we can get inside Beohernie's stomach—

Jay: Bernie.

Zane: We should in theory be able to retrieve the Inverter and exit again. (Jay stares at him in horror.) Either through the creature's mouth or through the other end of the digestive—

Jay: (Shakes his head vigorously.) Lalalalalala, I don't wanna hear this!

Styx: Me neither! (Covers his ears)

Cole: Yeah. Of all the bad ideas I've ever heard, and I've heard a few. Lookin' at you, Kai, (Kai crosses his arms) this takes the cake!

Nya: I agree. It sounds nuts.

Zane: The facts are indisputable. We need the Inverter. The Inverter is inside the beetle. Ergo, one of us must enter the beetle and retrieve it.

Lloyd and Crystal: Hmm.

Jay: Don't tell me you both are considering this!

Lloyd: I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has one.

Crystal: Well?

(The team thinks for a few moments)

Jay: Ok fine you win.