Luna Aisha

Song: dark academia playlist by Ivoryyy

I woke up alone.

The Moon Goddess and her warm presence were nowhere to be found. I realized then that my ancestor, in all her glory, was quite the confusing woman. How was it that she could so easily appear in my time of need? Only to vanish like the spray of salt on the ocean winds after whisking me away to a place I knew not of.

Goddesses.

A cold breeze stirred blades of tall grass alongside my bare legs. I shuddered at the chilling bite, tugging the dark blue hoodie around me tighter. 

It was one of Leo's.

Old Spice and lavender with a hint of sweet milk enveloped me, shielding my body from the peculiar cold. When I inhaled the mix of pleasant scents I was relieved to find that there was no trace of smoky undertones. Nor was it burned or singed from Rowena's fire that destroyed our little cottage.

I knew that this wasn't reality. I knew that, in some way, it was my own deepest hopes and wishes that was most likely crafting this newest mirage. However, even knowing this, I realized that I didn't care.

Here, in this dream world, I could pretend that Leo's warmth resided within these threads. I could find strength in his usual scent of musky spice and I could imagine my Mate standing by my side.

Yes, I was not alone.

As long as Leo was alive I would never be alone.

The vast array of rainbow wildflowers swayed to and fro in the chilling wind. This little meadow, tucked away where only the Gods knew of, was alive with the buzzing of bees and nature's music. It was a quiet choir of blooming blossoms and rustling leaves of green.

This place was alive with beauty.

But, it was also very confusing.

It was neither night nor day. Twilight, dawn, and dusk had no consistency here either. The sky was many things except for being one.

The sky was a collage. An elaborate masterpiece of all colors of the day. Every brushed stroke of pastel hues and darkened blues of blacks were painted up there. They rippled and bled like the Aurora Borealis; never staying the same color for very long.

Hidden within the blues I found my fathers soft duvet. It was his favorite. I distinctly remembered him wearing it like a cape on the days where he didn't want to deal with his Alpha duties. Mother would roll her eyes and call him a pup but in the end she'd always cave into his silliness. It was only a matter of time before she'd be at his side with her own blanket of midnight black billowing behind her.

Here, in this place where I was alone but not alone, I found security from my parents and their blankets. Both of which lived within the ever changing sky.

I breathed.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

In.