Prologue

Song: Thunder Rain Ocean Sea Lightning Ambience by Sounds4Sleeping

In a new kingdom by the sea, an assembly of Gods braved against the raging winds. The salt of the air clung to their silks and drapes, forcing them to huddle closer for shared warmth. It was poor weather for such a joyous occasion. But, the young couple in question didn't mind one bit.

They thought it actually fit the tumultuous conception of their relationship.

"I choose you as my partner," the Moon Goddess began. Her silky voice lifted eyes to where she stood at the edge of a cliff. She trembled as she crossed the threshold into forever with her lover by her side. Her most trusted brother stood between them, ready to sanction their marriage.

"Forevermore will our lives be entwined," the Werewolf God replied. His larger hands grasped hers as they recited the sacred Oath of Marriage for the first time in Creation.

"In this lifetime and the next, I claim you as mine," she promised. The pair had written fourteen lines of holy scripture. Each of them received seven of their own to speak. It was a marriage vow that could not be complete without the other.

"I will honor you and you alone." The wind blew roughly over the tranquil scene, ruffling the man's obsidian hair. His mop of dark curls changed with the cold season and he sighed at the intimate gesture. Well, his big brother had promised to mess with him a little during the ceremony.

He muttered a curse in the midst of their beautiful vows and his bride giggled. Freeing a hand from their joined union, she removed the golden laurel on top of her head and let it fall to the ground. The intricate design of twists holding her hair up tumbled free from their golden prison. Knee length strands of slick silver fanned around her as the wind raged on.

Her groom gasped at the ethereal beauty of his queen and her cheeks warmed at the simple gesture. Smiling, she took his hand in hers and continued, "My lips will drink only from your honeycomb well."

"For loyalty is what I give you when you take my heart for yours." The sight of her wispy midnight blue dress twirling in the chilly air painted her to be beauty itself. For a moment, he was glad that her sister Venus could not read minds. Surely she would've been green with envy to hear there was one more desirable than her.

"I pledge to be the hand that never lets you go." Her brother, Solis, produced the golden bracelets of thick twine woven thrice. The Moon Goddess tied the band around her lover's wide wrist. Sparks of light fell from the tied knot and the bond of marriage was on its way to being sealed. For once these bracelets were put on, there was no force in all of Creation able to remove them.

The Werewolf God finished tying the bracelet around his love's wrist. It looked perfect on her because she herself was perfect. Eyeing the deep plunge of her thin dress, he breathed a shaky sigh and said, "I pledge to be the heart that beats only for you."

Solis lifted the double edged iron, still burning red with his fire. On each end was the symbol of the significant other. Ready to be branded into their immortal flesh.

The Moon Goddess unbuttoned his crisp white shirt and bared his firm chest to the cold. Solis held the iron between them and they both stepped forward. Into his chest, just over his heart, was a crescent moon. Into her chest, just over her heart, was a black wolf.

She winced at the pain but never allowed her eyes to stray from him. For it was him where she drew her strength from now. Through gritted teeth she murmured, "I pledge to be the eyes that never waver from your sight."

"I pledge to be the lips that dare not cry a name that's not yours." Solis snickered at the raunchy line but held his tongue nonetheless. After all, it was him who'd dared his sister to add a little carnality into what would be the world's vows for all eternity.

"I pledge to be the love that you deserve every night." Solis removed the cold iron, allowing the burned skin to finally breathe. The sky darkened a sickly grey with clouds of thunder rolling in. The salt of the ocean mixed with the fresh scent from above and the Werewolf God smiled.

His brother was many things. He was a trickster, pranking, man-child that was yet to grow up. But, even then, he had the warmest heart in all of Creation.

So of course he'd recreate the weather their first kiss took place under. Cold, grey, and damp with rain. Thunder clapping in the distance as two worlds collided for the very first time.

"I ask you to be mine as you are yours." White flashed in the distance and their respective families grumbled at the sight. They loved their youngest siblings dearly, though. So they remained in their picturesque wedding of dramatics.

"This is my promise to you and you alone," she swore. Her crystal blue eyes bore into his black one's. She compared his wide nose to her dainty one. The sight of his caramel hued skin paired lovely with her alabaster tone. They were physical opposites in every way imaginable. But they were spiritual equals in the matters of their hearts.

It was for that reason why she dared to love him in the first place.

"A marriage of equals and eternal devotion is what I offer to you," he vowed. Thunder began to sing as he spoke the final line of the sacred Oath of Marriage. A light mist fell from the sky as their hearts beat in perfect time.

"Luna, do you accept Alpha, and the oath he has promised you?" Solis asked. His crystal blue eyes gleamed with warmth as he watched his twin sister nod her head eagerly. He'd never seen her so happy in their entire shared lives.

"I do!"

Solis turned to the Werewolf God and repeated the question. "Alpha, do you accept Luna, and the oath she has promised you?"

Without hesitation he replied, "I do."

"By the powers vested in me by the divinity of Creation, I pronounce you two as One." Solis stepped back as Alpha tipped Luna's chin up. "You may now kiss your Love."

Alpha and Luna kissed as the pounding rain fell in large droplets. Thunder boomed so loudly it covered the sounds of the cheering Gods. In a new kingdom by the sea, an assembly of Gods braved against the raging winds, and rejoiced in the birth of Mates.

🌙

Vote and/or Comment if you enjoyed this part!

🌙

QOTD: Did you like the vows? I wrote it as poetry originally ~