Repairing the Foundation

Song: Disney Piano Collection by kno Piano Music

"Not that I'm asking for details or anything." Flora glanced towards me with a playful glimmer shimmering over her hazel eyes. "But I wouldn't be opposed to hearing what it's like to have mind blowing sex for seven straight days."

Of course she wouldn't mind knowing.

I smirked at the giggling she-wolf, choosing instead to saturate each slice of bread well. The pan sizzled alive with heat as we laid out each slice of gooey bread to cook. Golden browns and crispy crusts emerged in no time with how high Flora had the heat.

"It's not like you have to wonder too much. I'm sure you heard and smelled enough to piece together how amazing it was," I said in reference to her many visits. She cheered Leo on, threw out some pointers, and left fresh food whenever she stopped by. Judging by our loud moans and less than quiet words, I was more than certain she had an idea of how great it was. "Tell me about what's been going on since we've been busy."

Even though it was almost midnight Alpha Draco's Pack was bustling alive with tons of activity. Werewolves that didn't smell like his people lingered everywhere. There were more White Witches and Warlocks occupying the Lycan Pack than I could count. I even spotted a few Vampires and Fair Folk running around as well.

We were only gone for one week but it was like an entire lifetime had passed.

"More Packs merged while you guys were away," Flora replied. She skillfully flipped each slice of French toast, slathering them in cinnamon butter. Our four plates were beginning to fill nicely as I set to cooking the sausage links as well. "The New Hampshire Pack, my Pack, and the Pack's from Rhode Island and Connecticut joined your Pack in Maine. There's over ten thousand Werewolves up at the Moon Warriors Pack right now."

"And your brother?"

"He made it there safe." Flora flashed me a quick smile and shut the heat off.

"That's good," I plated the sausages, "he's already home. No need to stop and get him when this all ends."

Her grateful smile widened and I felt my heart grow warm at the sight. The thought of Flora coming home with us made me giddy with excitement. I couldn't wait for her to meet Syrena and Mera. Now that would definitely be an interesting moment to watch.

"What else?"

"Alpha Draco brought in the nearby Packs from New York and Pennsylvania. Other people, Vampires and whatnot, came to pledge their allegiance to us." If the New York Pack was here then that meant my cousin Alpha Jericho was here too. For the first time in thousands of years, the descendants of Alpha and Luna were reunited. Lady Venus Brightdoom, Alpha Jericho Lightseeker, and Alpha Draco Glowingstone. Like it or not, this was definitely the safest place to be right now with our combined powers all under one night sky.

We moved the full plates to the dining room table. The sounds of Leo and Pride wrestling outside brought a small smile to my face. Their harmless taunts and grunts as they threw each other around lifted my mood even more. It was like we were all a real family.

Drawing her bottom lip between her teeth, Flora cast me an apprehensive stare. My happiness slowed at the slight worry filling her eyes.

"What is it?"

"Well, the Pennsylvania Pack came..." Flora sighed when I didn't catch on and said, "The Shapeshifters Pack is here."

Oh, no.

"Reign," I whispered. I peered at Flora curiously, wondering if she knew about Reign and his father. "Did Reign tell you about his dad?"

"No," she replied. "But he didn't need to. I know abuse when I see it. Reign locked up when his dad arrived. I'd never seen him like that, Venus. His eyes, they were worse than before. They were dead. And when he hugged Reign..."