Women Getting Shit Done

Song: Powerful Hybrid Music Mix by Premium Music HQ

Pride's blue fire continued to burn around us in a wide circle. At least fifteen Witches stood on the other side. Their skin was sickly pale with dark marks tainting their exposed skin. Their eyes were like Rowena's. Enchanting but deadly; full of malice with the intent to kill.

I'd never bothered to notice the difference between Dark Witches and White Witches. Before, I'd only ever acknowledged them as Witches. Seeing them in person with memories of Gamma Fray's soft magick in mind, made me see how different they were. One favored life where the other lingered in death.

"You two shift," I commanded. Cinching the bag tighter against my body, I watched the Dark Witches edge closer and closer to our trio. Devilish smirks plastered their sunken faces. The beauty of their alluring eyes were lost to the insanity breathing beneath them.

Sky's tall brown wolf stood on my left. She cocked her head to the side. Turning around so that she could watch the Witches approaching from behind. Her stiff tail brushed against my back and she growled lowly.

"Hold this for me," Flora said. When I glanced at her, the she-wolf was carefully peeling off her flowy dress and lacey lingerie.

"Are you kidding me?" I hissed. "I brought extra clothes in case-"

"This was over $100." She sniffed haughtily as she wrapped her dress, underwear, and shoes into a neat bundle. Her silver chain rested on top next to her infamous tube of red lipstick. The bundle of herbs Pride gave us all to hide our scents was peeking out from the folds of her dress. "Let's just tuck this inside, shall we?"

I was beyond shocked as Flora delicately placed her clothes inside my bag. With a wide smirk, she dropped to her knees and the sound of her crunching bones filled the air. Grey fur emerged from her milky skin. Her bones twisted and turned, the paleness of her skin stretched. Flora's red mouth pushed forward until a curling snarl erupted from her puckered pout. Her porcelain hued canines sharpened. She pounded the ground with her massive paws.

Flora stood tall at seven feet. Even in wolf form, that smirk never left her drooling lips. She flicked her bushy tail and let it rest on my shoulder. Her and Sky were conceding to me because I was of a higher rank. The Omega's were waiting for my orders.

"I'm not going to shift so I can keep a better handle on the bag," I whispered. "I'll use my gift to keep a shield around you two as long as I can. But when they start coming for me, I won't be able to fight and protect you at the same time."

But I would still try.

Sky's tail flicked my back in a silent agreement. Taking one last deep breath, I shouted, "Attack!"

Sky and Flora raced in opposite directions and the spell broke. The Witches pushed through Pride's burning flames with ease and I dropped to my knees. Closing my eyes, I kept track of Sky and Flora's heavy breathing. Extending my power to them, I poured cold energy around their streaking wolf forms. A light silver shield encompassed them, propelling the Witch's magick.

When I opened my eyes again, flashes of color blazed over the decaying battlefield. I studied the Witches as they broke off into two groups and attacked the ferocious she-wolves. Flora lunged with stripes of silver trailing behind her. Her broad jaws wrapped around a pale Witch's neck. Light drained from the woman's electric blue eyes as Flora snapped it.

The first drop of blood was spilt.

The Witches continued to throw everything they could at her. Not one of their attacks hit their mark. My insides burned as I absorbed the blows meant for Sky and Flora. Pressing my hand against my stomach, I reminded myself to breathe as I willed more of my power to protect them.