Tired

LILAH'S POV

Well I tried to. I bolted for the stairs but one of them got me as I stepped on the first stair.

Oh yeah.. I still can't go up the stairs.

I let my head drop in slight defeat knowing I can't get out of whatever conversation I'm going to have with Elijah.

My hair hangs in my face and I try to think of one last solution.

I lift my skirt up just enough so they could see the new bruises I acquired just moments ago. I also make it look like an accident. I'm really good at that.

"Lilah what the fuck happened?" Elijah asked me.

I don't answer and keep my head hanging. It's not until now do I see the red color forming around my wrists. Fuck you Donnie.

"I'll take her." Elijah getting me from the guards hold.

He held me bridal style, my head resting against his chest. He's really warm and I love the feeling of being in his arms.

I'm so tired.

He takes me upstairs to his room, where I've been sleeping for the past two months.

This is my favorite place in the house.

The one place where there's nothing but.. Peace and quiet.. And on occasion, Elijah.

He closes his door and sits on the bed. I can tell he doesn't plan on letting me go. But I really don't want him to.

"What happened?.." He asked me in a soft tone, but I just couldn't bring myself to look him in the eye.

I don't even realize I'm crying until the tear hits my hand. And once they start.. They won't stop.

This is the first- well second time I've cried in front of Elijah.

But it's the first time I've ever cried like this in front of him.

I feel so vulnerable and like I said before I never feel this way after getting touched..

I gripped onto his dress shirt and he pulled me even closer to him. It wasn't until 20 minutes later did I calm down. I've never broken down that.

Well..

Let me rephrase: I haven't broken down like that in 10 years.

Elijah has made me weak like that. I can't throw him a disrespectful comment without feeling guilty after and I hate it.

But I just don't hate Elijah. I can't hate Elijah.

There was silence between us both and neither of us dared to speak a word.

But then he decided to break the silence. It wasn't awkward, but instead a comforting silence.

"Are you okay?.." he asked me softly. Any anger in his tone from earlier is 100% gone.

I sighed resting my head on his shoulder now.

"I got-"

"Raped?"

I feel like me getting jumped would sound a whole lot better..

"Yes."

My mouth obviously had other plans.

"By who?" The anger in his tone made its appearance again. It had lowered and his accent became thicker. It's nice seeing a caring Elijah every once in a while.