Invasion

ELIJAH'S POV

That stupid bitch.

What the fuck is her problem?

I keep letting her do this shit. I need to show her I'm in control..

But how?...

"Boss, I was wondering if you could check this little bit of paper- Holy shit are you hurt?" Claudia asked me.

"I'm fine. That new dumb recruit kicked me in my balls. I swear to God i'll kill her is she tries that shit again." I replied.

"We'll do you mind checking this for me?" She asked, handing a few pieces of paper over to me.

I looked them over quickly before handing them back to her.

"They seem fine."

"Thanks." she said about to leave.

"What are they for?" I asked curiously.

"Well, me and Mia decided on making a bet last night. I can't tell you what.. But whoever wins basically gets to own the other person for 6 months."

"Okay. Well, have fun. Try not to hurt anyone here. Unless it's Lilah."

"Will do boss." She said before leaving.

I regained my composure before making my way back to Greyson. He was in the hallway waiting for me.

"Lilah sure is something else, isn't she? I mean, who chokes someone because they're hungry??? Most i've ever done is send someone a death glare." he told me.

I shrugged my shoulders, i'm not sure about that girl at all.

"Mmmmmm. Do you smell that?" he asked me.

Lilah's probably cooking something..

And holy fuck does it smell good.

"Get back to work." I said hitting him on the back of his head.

"Yes sir." he said before rushing down the hallway.

__________________

I checked more papers and made sure everything was up to date and truthful, before changing and heading to the gym.

I noticed Lilah heading towards the knife throwing part of the gym and Veronica following behind.

One of my men came up and started talking to me before I had the chance to go over there.

So I was stuck in a boring ass conversation about them looking up to me. And all this other bullshit I didn't care about.

When the conversation ended I made my way to where Lilah was.

I heard her laugh lightly before saying, "It's alright. He just wasn't a good person from the start. I had a rough childhood because of my parents," she said before a tear slid down her face.

I cleared my throat, making my presence know to the both of them. Lilah quickly wiped her tear before turning to me.

LILAH'S POV

Shit.

I'm bout to be dead by the hands of my brand new boss.

But, that's not the worst part. THE WORST PART IS THAT I SHED A TEAR INFRONT OF HIM.

In my book.. When in the mafia,  you never show emotion. I have always followed that rule.

I never cry. Literally never. If I do, then it's by myself.